Chapter 4

Jenna's POV ~

It didn't even cross my mind how quiet the house would be with my dad gone. At first it was a bit unnerving, every little creak and thump made me jump, but it was slowly getting better. I got to play music without worrying about getting yelled at for it. It was nice to not wake up by being screamed at to do something. I could get up whenever I wanted and go to sleep whenever i wanted. So let me assure you I was making up for lost sleep over the years.

I also had to admit Ashton was a bit more helpful than i was expecting. That day he brought me home he did come back later. He helped me rearrange some furniture and lent a listening ear if i wanted to talk - which i didn't do much of. I still wasn't keen on his persistence but i wasn't going to look a gift horse in the mouth. He's only here for 6 more weeks.

Texts ~

From Ash ~
"Hey Jenna do you need anything from the store? :) X"

To Ash ~
"erm... I dont think so but thank you."

From Ash ~
"If you change your mind just let me know!"

I sighed looking out of the living room window. Just because i didn't need anything from the store. Doesn't mean i didn't want anything from the store.

I wracked my brain thinking of my favorite treats. Was it really worth having Ashton come over just because I wanted chocolate covered almonds?

To Ash ~
"Would you mind picking up a bag of those choco cover almonds i like?🙈"

From Ash ~
"Not at all. I'll be by with them in a bit :)"

I sighed relaxing into the couch. There wasn't much to do since i didn't really have any friends. I guess that was the best part about Ashton. He was my friend now? So that was a nice change.

Over the past 2 weeks i had been giving Mrs. Landie a helping hand around her house. Going to the store for her and helping with her laundry. She tried paying me but i refused to take her money. I felt she felt the need to pay me to help but it wasn't necessary. A knock on the front door brought me out of my gaze making me jump a bit. But i knew it was probably just Ashton.

"Hey," Ashton smiled as i opened the door. "This was hanging out of your mailbox I didn't want them to blow away. It's kinda windy out today."

I took the letters from him as he walked into the house. There was two envelopes. One of them was from the court about court dates and the other, Mrs. Landie. Putting the court letter down on the coffee table i opened up the letter from Mrs. Landie. It was a thank you letter with $100 in it. At the very bottom of the letter she told me to keep it and not give it back, i couldn't help but smile.

"Everything okay?" Ash asked.

"Oh yeah sorry." I said. "Just court dates and stuff." I shrugged.

"Well here are your almonds ma lady." He bowed.

"Such a gentlemen." I giggled taking the almonds from him.

"So i was thinking," Ashton started while he sat on the couch. "Maybe, would you like to come to one of our shows. Ya know free of charge and all."

"That's a very nice offer but i don't know. You know how i feel around a lot of other people." I said.

"I know i just figured maybe if you watched from backstage - you'd be able to get out of the house and there wouldn't be too many people." He said.

"Yeah but the other boys..." I trailed off.

"You don't have to but just so you know the offer's there." He smiled.