Chapter two

Ariella's POV:

James, Lily,and I were walking through the woods. I was in front in case of any danger up ahead and also because I was really good with direction. James was bickering the whole time and Lily was just enduring it while I constantly whisper-yelled 'shut up'. Finally Lily stated, " Arie,are we lost?" I was just about to answer when James said, " Probably! And it's all your fault,you guys!" Then I heard him mumble under his breath, " tryin' to make me some zombies dinner."

I just rolled my eyes and added ," No,we aren't lost. Trust me." "Okay, just get us there before dark." Thank god for Lily trusting me, but seriously we already got through a few months of this living hell. "It's hard to even trust myself right now, we're just taking a suicidal walk through the woods. And by the way.." I cut him off with my pointer finger in front of his face and a ' shhhh!'. "What is your proble..." "Shhh!!!" "*in a whisper* ok, ok sorry." "What? What is it???" Lily sounded like she was a mix of scared and happy. I smiled like a mad man. "Guys ,welcome to camp!" "Yay!" "Oh great" . I walked around the outside of the camp, I finally whispered to Lily and James ," You guys walk in slowly and carefully, I'll check around. And no matter what, do not mention I'm here. Got it?" "Sure!" "Whatever."

Lilly's POV:

We finally found the camp! Only bad thing is if they don't welcome us it'll take a hell of a walk back to our camp. We inched around the outside of their camp, I guess just making sure it was safe. Then Arie whispered to us ,

" You guys walk in slowly and carefully, I'll check around. And no matter what, do not mention I'm here. Got it?" "Sure!" "Whatever." Wow wonder who pooped in James Cheerios. I was nervous about just walking in, what if they shot, what if they didn't like us?! I'm sure Arie could tell how nervous I was and she gave me an assuring nod, and with that James and I entered the camp.

A man in a sheriffs uniform who looked to be in his late 30s raised his pistol and demanded," Who are you?"

I was so shocked, I just stood there certain I would die. James spoke up in his dreamy voice..No! You are not going to note everything you love about James when you're about to die.

"I'm James and this is Lily, we're from a camp across the lake. We noticed some of your group and wanted to meet ya'll. If that's okay with you sir."

He lowered his gun, probably because of James damn good impression on him so far. "Yes that's fine, where is the rest of your group?" "Oh well there is this one per-". I interrupted him," No one! Just us now." I gave him a look like he had gone crazy, did he forget we were not to mention Arie 'no matter what'?? "Oh yea, no one, just us." He did a nervous chuckle, what a dimwit! "Oh well would you like to join our group? We could use all the protection and weapons we can get." "That would be wonder-" " Well I'm not sure, could we wait and see?" Geez was James stupid or what? He was looking to get Arie pissed, he knows she's the leader and she likes it that way. And she most likely would not be the leader in this group.

"Yea, I guess that would be okay, just at least stay the night here, you would never make it back to your camp before dark." "Okay , if that's fine with everyone." Okay this time I don't have to butt in because that is true and reasonable. "Of course, you are more than welcome here." "Thank you,....?"James said while gesturing his hand in front of him.

"Oh , I'm Rick ." He said while extending his hand . "I'm James but you already knew that." James extended his hand with a smile and they shook. "Let me introduce you to the rest of the group," James and I followed where he was pointing,"that's

Lori,my wife. Carl,my son,". Aww Carl looked sooo cute!," that's Andrea and that's Amy, that's Dale," Dale looked like a sweet man," that's T-Dog, that's Jackie, Jim, Shane, Carol, Sophia, Ed ,Jim ,Glenn ,the Morales family,and Daryl isn't here, hmm he must be hunting."

Oh shit. Hunting?! That means Arie might run into him! He might kill her! I couldn't help but ask," Exactly how old is Daryl???" James looked surprised and probably thought I was hoping Daryl was cute,but that wasn't the case. I was wondering if he would be strong enough to take out Arie .If only James knew I was head-over-heels in love with him. "Umm he's about 25 I think. Why?" "Oh no reason" I said while playing it off with a slight laugh. Oh geez, this is gonna be a long night..

Ariellas POV:

Lily looked nervous, so I gave her a reassuring nod and with that they were off in the camp. I dont know why I didn't go with them,don't know why i didn't want to be mentioned. Stupid pride, I guess. Well I'll let them handle that, I'll just wander around the woods

I guess. I eventually found a good climbing tree, so I went up. Lily and James always called me Katniss because I liked to climb trees a lot, liked to hunt, and oh of course the bow and arrow. I was at least 10 feet off the ground, I could make out the camp from up here. I'm pretty sure I saw James shaking hands with a man in a sheriffs uniform. Well I guess they're doing just fine.

I heard something below me, so I looked down and through the leaves I saw a man figure. It looked like he was carrying two squirrels. I guess he hunts, then I saw it. Bow and arrows. Haha high five for the bow and arrows! I was suddenly snapped out of my thoughts when my foot slipped and it all went downhill from there.

Last thing I remember is hitting the ground,hard, and his confused blue eyes looking at me, then I blacked out.

Lilly's POV:

I was worried sick about Arie, what if she got killed?! No, I can't think of that. But would she come? I mean it's only been about 30 minutes but she's got me thinkin' she decided to ditch a tent and just sleep in a tree. I was freaking out and I'm sure James noticed. "What's wrong?" "I'm just worried about Arie, what if she isn't coming?!"

"Calm down," he reached across the rv table to hold my hand, "she's fine, she just needs time to think." I was sure I was blushing and smiling like crazy but I managed to whisper out an 'ok'. James just smiled at me. He could be really sweet if he wanted to be. He was a sweet guy before all of this, but it changed him. Just like it changed everyone else.

We were sitting there smiling at each other until I heard Rick ask ,"Who is that?? Is she bit?" And who I guessed was Daryl replied, "Nah I checked," oh no! It's probably Arie ! " she just fell out of a tree about 10 feet and blacked out." James and I shared worried expressions when he said 'blacked out'. We were 100% positive it was Ariella without even having to look. James quickly walked out of the rv and I followed him ,trailing close behind. We walked over to Daryl, he was carrying her bridal style. ""Who are these people?" Rick talked for us ,"That's James and that's Lily. They're not part of our group yet but they're spending the night here,at our camp."

"Why would ye let 'em stay then?"

"They have a camp across the lake,they wouldn't make it back before dark." "So? There ain't no sleepin' space for em here!" "I figured James would share a tent with Glenn, and Lily could sleep on the rv couch." "Fine." Then he carried Arie in the rv and I followed. He laid her down on the bed and mumbled ," from a damn tree." And then just walked past me like I wasn't there. I sat by Arie and instantly noticed something. Her bow and arrows were missing! She's gonna freak out when she wakes up and they're not there. So I walked outside and asked Rick where Daryl was. He told me in his tent so I unzipped it and walked in. "Where is her bow and arrows?!" "What?" "Her. Bow. And. Arrows." "Oh by the tree I guess." By the tree?! Ugh oh well, I will get them tomorrow.