Chapter 10

((a/n I don't expect you guys to go back and read it but I changed the very first part so Ariella and Lily are 21 and James is 20 so it isn't so pedophile-ish with Daryl who is still only like 25 in this))

Ariella

We all contributed to getting out of here quicker by looking in the broken down cars lining the road we were on. Daryl was avoiding me again, no surprise there, and he was seriously giving me mixed signals. I sounded like a stupid teenage girl that thought she was in love; I swore I was done with feeling this way. I opened a new car door, not paying attention to the dead corpse sitting there. It fell to the ground as soon as I opened the door, revealing a not so pleasant scent. I looked around the seats and in the glove box for useful items, but came up empty. I sighed and walked to the next car, repeating the same process.

"You should probably actually look in the car for walkers before you go opening the door." I turn around and come face to face with Lily. I smiled at her and shook my head. "I can tell that something is bothering you, so spill it out." She insisted, smiling back at me.

"Nothing's wrong, I've just been kind of bored I guess." I lie to her, and surprisingly she believed me.

"Okay, well James probably needs me so I'll talk to you later." It seemed like ever since Lily and James started spending more time together, they excluded me from our little group. And now, I didn't belong anywhere anymore. She walked off towards James and I turned back to the car in front of me.

"Need help?" I sighed in annoyance and turned around once again only to be met by Daryl. I really didn't want to deal with anyone right now so I turned back around without saying anything in response to him. "Well, I'm gonna help ya anyway." He continued. He opened the back door as I looked through the front, grunting as he tried to reach the other side and grab something.

"I really don't need help." I simply say to him. He didn't answer but he continued grunting as he tried to reach whatever was catching his eye. I slammed the front door shut and walked over to the next car.

"I know you don't." He said to me as he followed me to the other car.

"Then why do you insist on bothering me?" I snap at him, turning around to face him fully.

"Because I actually don't hate you... and that's rare for me." He said, cracking a little smile.

"Wow, I feel so special." I say as sarcastically as possible. He shakes his head and huffs, crossing his arms over his chest.

--

Daryl

She's so difficult. I try to give her a compliment and she doesn't even accept it. Telling someone you don't hate them isn't a huge compliment but I couldn't just tell her I liked her. That would be stupid, and she doesn't even care that I don't hate her so why would she care that I like her? I'm acting like a lovesick boy when I'm a grown man. What is she doing to me?

"I don't hate you either." She breaks the silence and gives me a small smile.

"You're really difficult." I tell her honestly.

"You are too, Daryl."

"How am I difficult?"

"One minute you're talking to me like this, and the next you're avoiding me. You're just confusing."

"Fine, I won't avoid you."

"So you admit that you were avoiding me?"

"Well... yeah, I was."

"What the hell?" I really didn't have an answer for that. I was avoiding her because I liked her but if I told her that then she would seriously be confused. Oh well.

"I was avoiding you because I like you." I shrugged.

"I guess I was kind of avoiding you for that reason too." I guess the feeling is mutual then. I heard Dale shout from the camper and I looked the opposite direction, seeing a hoard of walkers coming our way.

...

BOOM SHACKA LACKA HOPE YOU ENJOYED IT LOVELIES ^_^