Chapter one

Ariella's POV:

I was quietly walking through the woods with the only two squirrels I killed. Wasn't much luck for me today, that was until I saw the most beautiful buck just a distance away. I slowly raised my bow and loaded an arrow into it. I breathed slowly, and let the arrow go flying through the air. It hit in the head. Yes! Some good food for the first time in weeks. I quickly ran down and retrieved my arrow ,picking up the deer and carrying it over my shoulders. I went down by the lake to clean and skin my kill, when I noticed a few women who looked quite older than me washing what looked like laundry ,across the lake. I also noticed a little boy and a man in "his late 20s playing by the bank. I quickly finished skinning my last squirrel and ran up to camp.

"Hey,it looks like there is another group across the lake!" Lily,who was sitting on the rv keeping watch quickly stood up and yelled, "Are you serious?!" I nodded and laughed noticing she was well past happy that there were more humans not too far.

James walked out of the camper and gave me a look that said 'what they hell is your deal?' Lily saw and said, "Omg! James, there is another group across the lake!" "Big whoop, how would we get there anyway? Swim? Be realistic guys, we are fine with just us."

Wow. Way to be optimistic, James. But I can't really blame him, I mean ever since dad died.....no, I don't need that to bother me right now. "Shut up James, we are going to find that group." Go Lily! " Ya know what? You guys go, I will be fine on my own." I had to step in at this point.

"Look ,James , there is no way in hell I would leave you like that. And you know it." There he should see reasoning in that. "Fine then just don't go." Jesus! Lily jumped in again, "Why don't we just go check it out, if it doesn't seem right we come back. Deal?" "Fine." Ahh thank god James loves Lily. "Ok, let's go." They both said together ,"ok".

James POV:

I was in the rv/camper type thing ,I had honestly no idea what to call it because Lily called it a camper but Arie called it a rv. Well I was sharpening my knife when I heard Lily yell, " Are you serious?!" Ugh . Better go see if its bad. I walked out and saw Arie happy looking. What's up with them? I gave her a look letting her know she had a problem. Then Lily butted in and practically squealed ,"Omg! James,there is another group across the lake!" So this is what the screaming was about!? A stupid group!? "Big whoop, how would we get there anyway? Swim? Be realistic guys,we are fine with just us." There I set it straight for them, but I knew at least Arie would go anyway. Because 1:she's technically the group leader and she does what she wants.

2: she's two years older than me so according to her ' I don't have any right to tell her what to do.'

And finally ,3: she's extremely stubborn and independent mentally and physically,so basically if she had to go herself, she could handle it.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when Lily told me to shut up and that we were gonna find that group. Wow, so demanding! So I decided to stick it to her! "Ya know what? You guys can go, I will be fine on my own."Look ,James ,there is no way in hell that I would leave you like that and you know it." Guess Ariella felt like she had to prove a point to me again. Fine. Now I'll just be a dick if she thinks she can control me. "Fine then just don't go." Ha.....oh crap she looks pissed. Lily finally saved me from certain death by speaking up. "Why don't we just go check it out,if it doesn't seem right we come back. Deal?" Crap. That is fair, so I guess we could check it out. "Fine." Ariella looked very pleased with me giving in so she ,being the leader said," ok, let's go." So in reply me and Lily said 'ok' in union. Then we headed off towards the woods, I actually would rather swim. Less zombies.

*AUTHORS NOTE*

Sorry it's short and not so good but it ll get better. :)