Chapter Seventeen - Farewell to a King

“Honestly,” Pius began, “Fighting us all alone is futile!” In that instant he threw his hands together before casting them out by his sides as blue light shone from his fingertips.

Cagnazza was taken aback at the gesture, “He’s creating that puppet string again!”

“Enough!” A voice bellowed before they turned to witness Benedictus walking toward them. “You’re not fighting, you’re stalling. I can see through your lies, tell me your reason for being here.”

  Cagnazza hesitated for a moment before smiling, “It’s true, I am stalling. As we speak, a brave warrior is on his way to unlocking the Six Seals.”

Benedictus’ eyes widened, “So he finally made a Spirit Link with someone, it doesn’t matter. Even at full strength Prometheus won’t be able to stop me. Send a legion, and I’ll rip them apart.”

  Cagnazza focused his concentration, “There’s no need for a legion, Ragnamancer.” He said as a bright white light outlined his being, “I will attempt to stop all of you right now.”

Maximus tilted is head in confusion, “Haven’t you been trying that already?”

  “Abraxas, Sigmund. I hope you make it. This fight will be my last, forgive me, Baldr.” Cagnazza locked his fingers by his chest before closing his eyes, the white light shone even brighter before a scorching blaze of fire burst from behind him to form a circle. Trailing off from the circle in all directions were several orbs, each of which had the Jotnar symbol engraved on them; a closed eye with an ‘X’ shape in the foreground.

  Cagnazza opened his eyes to reveal them encased in blue light before it slowly faded. He stood still, an overflow of energy leaked from his body with the large circle floating mystically on his back. Black lines drew down from his eyes, connecting to each part of his body.

Benedictus folded his arms, staring directly into his foe’s eyes, “Sigmund? I don’t recall that name. Tell me, is he the one you spoke of?”

  “What does it matter?” Maximus roared before charging toward Cagnazza, swiping his scythe in a horizontal fashion. Cagnazza turned to face him with a stern and serious expression before raising his arm to intercept the attack. In an instant Maximus halted in his tracks to witness that his scythe had been caught effortlessly by his enemy.

  “Such power, what happened to you?” He said before trying to pull his weapon back.

“I am the Lord of the Jotnar, this is my true power.” Cagnazza stated before a jolt of energy surged from the orbs and into his hand, instantaneously obliterating the scythe.

Maximus’ eyes widened before jumping back as he gazed at what was left of his weapon.

  Cagnazza turned to face Benedictus, his eyes narrowed before his presence.

“You’re using concentrated Seal Magic,” Benedictus said, “There’s nothing special about that.”

“I used Seal Magic to unshackle the bonds of my Mantra, releasing my full potential.” Cagnazza explained, “Being the true wielder of Seal Magic, I am the only one who can achieve this.”

                                                                                                ***

  Sigmund and Abraxas sat silently in their cell, waiting patiently and pondering ways to escape. Finally the sound of footsteps were heard from ahead, drawing ever closer toward their cell and soon after a man appeared dressed in black with his face obscured by a mask.