Chapter 2

Les and Xander showed me around Chicago for the next few hours. Going to the mall almost had me in a panic, but for the guy’s presence as they kept me grounded and calm. Later we ate dinner once more with Xander's family. By the time we were done it was getting late so I told them I was going up to bed.

He must have known I wouldn't sleep again because a while after I went into the bedroom Les came in. I was in shock when he walked over and just climbed in beside me. Wrapping his arms around me he whispered to me that I should get sleep tonight. He is the sweetest man alive I thought. I curled up into his arms, kissing him on the lips gently and briefly before closing my eyes. He softly kissed me back, laying his head against the top of mine. I closed my eyes feeling safe in his arms, surprising myself, then finally succumbed to sleep.

The next morning at breakfast Xander was eyeing Les and me strangely as if he knew where Les spent his night. He didn't say anything to me about it, but I did overhear him discussing it with Les later. I felt bad for eavesdropping, but then it was about me. I heard Les tell him about me not sleeping the first night so he spent the last night with me to make sure I got rest.

Les took me out for lunch later. We spent the entire day together. I was becoming entirely comfortable with him now. We went back to his house to be alone for a short time. As we are sitting there his phone starts ringing. He looks at who it's from and says "Ugh." I had to ask. "What's wrong hun?" He told me he had forgotten all about the guys planning a meeting slash hang out night that night. I will admit I was crushed thinking I would be alone that night to fend for myself with Xander's family. That thought scared me, but I couldn’t admit that to him. "Its ok hun, you go do your thing with the guys. I will find something to do."

But one look into his eyes told me there was no way he was leaving me alone tonight. He made the suggestion, "Why don't you come with me?" Stunned, I just shook my head. "Isn't it supposed to be guys’ night?" Laughing he said, "So?" I frowned at him. "The guys aren't expecting me there hun. They might get mad." He gave me a serious look. "I don't care. I'm not leaving you alone." I sighed. I wasn't about to argue with my boyfriend.

When Xander showed up to pick up Les, he found out that Les wanted to bring me. Xander stood there shaking his head calling Les a crazy guy. But he agreed with him that I shouldn't stay alone either. I went with them. But when I found out where they were meeting the guys I balked. "I'm not old enough to go there." Les hadn't really thought about that one piece of information, he sighed. Xander told us he would go in and check, since they weren't there to gamble just eat I might be able to after all. He got out of the car leaving me and Les alone.

I curled up on the seat next to Les, "I'm sorry if I ruin your night hun." I said in despair. He hugged me to him. "You couldn't ruin it if you tried. You are here with me that's all I care about." I smiled at him. Then he shocked me by leaning his head down to capture my lips in a kiss. But this kiss was more than before, I could feel a little bit of passion creeping into it. I shuddered when he finally pulled away. 

We were just looking at each other when Xander came back. He looked from Les to me and back again. "Do I even want to know?" He rolled his eyes! Then told us that as long as I stayed with them and only went to the restaurant portion that I could indeed go inside. I was happy and the look on Les' face told me that he was too. He wouldn't have to leave me after all. We got out of the car and headed inside (the Mohegan Sun). 

Walking through crowds of people was not my favorite thing to do so I clung tight to Les' right hand with my left. I was kind of hiding myself walking behind him. I think him and Xander understood. They both knew I had a real fear of strange people. It was one of the things that I had fought myself about coming here to meet them in the first place.