VI.

Past•

Ellie and I had a very hard time hiding the feelings we both had for each other. We had both agreed to never tell our parents, nor the assholes at school. Sadly, they would judge us.

I had never given being gay a thought. In fact, I have never found another girl attractive. But now it was clear to me that Ellie was one of the most amazing people I had ever known.

My parents are both very high in separate companies, so they were never home. When they were, they always fought. Nothing was ever okay, even though we had money and everything you would ever think a family needed.

When Ellie was around, my world was just a little easier.

It had been 2 months since that first kiss, and as much as we tried to go back to normal after, it was to no avail. It worked for a small week, but as soon as she spent the night at my house, we kissed.

For 20 minutes straight.

Ellie made me happy. Truly happy.

I knew that I was in love the 3rd week of this "relationship." Or whatever this was.

My parents weren't home the night we fell asleep in each other's arms, talking about our pasts, and that stupid damn RV.

Her fingers were in my hair, stroking the strands softly, as if I could break under her fingers. I look up at her, watching as the moon reflects on her eyelids. The light bounced off of her hazel eyes, looking almost like a marble. Her hair was thrown in a messy bun, and her large gray sweatshirt made a blush rise to her cheek.

Ellie didn't need makeup to be beautiful, not one bit. Every inch of her was perfection. Well, at least in my eyes.

I reach up, and run my fingers across the bridge of her nose playfully, smiling as she flinches under my cold fingertips. I sit on my elbows, watching her in awe as she peers at me through long eyelashes.

"You are so beautiful." I whisper, voice hoarse because of the chilled night air being let in through my bedroom window.

She smirks at me, kissing the top of my forehead, and moving deeper into my body, pulling me close. The covers reached both of our's necks, and I intertwine my fingers with her under the blanket.

She lays her head on top of mine, and I swear, I could spend every night like this. In a different city, in a different place, feeling her warm skin against mine as we fall asleep, listening to each other talk about whatever we felt about anything.

Ellie was all that I needed.

I look up at her one last time before she eventually fell asleep on my head.

"Ellie?"

"What?"

"I love you."

Her eyes open slightly as she looks at me.

"You love me?"

"With all that I have."

She springs to life again at that, taking her hand and placing it on my hot cheek as she kisses me, before laying on my chest. I hope she can't hear my heartbeat pounding through my chest.

"Well, that's funny, Luna, because I love you too."

My breath catches in my throat, and my palms are sweaty. I feel like a child.