Conclusion

Judge Cruncher- Alright but before I adjourn the jury to make their decision just let me put in a last word. While coming up with the verdict, keep this in mind. All people have good in them as well as bad. There is no such thing as a perfect human being. I am perfect. Just because someone did a bad thing doesn't mean that they are necessarily a bad person. It is never too late for a person to change. Sometimes people don't even know they are doing a bad thing until told by others. Sometimes intention can justify action, as bad as the action might be. People must live by forgiving and learning and letting others do the same. Try to see past your own perspective when making the decision, look through the accused eyes, see if you can understand their motives, if you can better understand their motives; you can better understand them and you can come up with a more fitting verdict. Remember the decision that you make today will affect the rest of the defendant's life. Some say let the verdict fit the crime, it is my belief that you should let the verdict fit not only the crime but the perpetrator of it. I now I release the jury to come to a decision.

[AN HOUR LATER THE JURY COMES BACK AND HANDS THE JUDGE THE VERDICT]

[ONCE THE JURY IS SEATED THE JUDGE SLOWLY PULLS OUT THE LETTER AND READS IT]

Judge Cruncher- The jury finds the accused free of all charges on account of self defense.

[ATTICUS LOOKS DISSATISFIED AND MISS PROSS CRIES]

{End of scene}