"Contact"

a/n i love jamia dw

Frank didn't know what to do anymore, he had tried everything, but nothing seemed to work. He and Jamia had divorced several years ago, right before he turned 30. Their last times together had been turbulent and he felt like he didn't have any other choice but to leave. The breakup was brutal.

Frank had been so mentally and emotionally exhausted, he decided to go back to Jersey, leaving Jamia back in Florida their teenage daughter and son, two amazing and wonderful kids that he loves very much. Frank wanted to keep the conflict level to a minimum, not fighting for having the kids live with him permanently, just letting Jamia do what she wanted to, but that resulted in the cooperation between the two about the kids getting more difficult. He had told Jamia from the start that he would do whatever she thought was best for the kids and he would pay for as much as possible. Of course situations occurred, like that time when Jamia had pathologised their youngest child, Miles, complaining about how he was too fat in front of him and his sister.

But things got worse. In the beginning, things went okay, Lily and Miles visited his new apartment in Jersey for a week or two every month, though that soon started to change. First they wouldn't tell him how they were doing, but eventually their lack of replies evolved into telling him he was evil and "why are you asking that, you don't even care?". It still happened to this day.

It didn't take him long to figure out that Jamia had been telling Lily that Frank had been mean to her while they were married and that he was sick. When Frank was 16 he had been diagnosed with anxiety and had went to see a therapist for several years, but he knew that that had in no way inflicted his personality or the way he treated people. Yet, it led to Lily refusing to visit Frank anymore. Miles had continued for a few more years, before that ended too.

Frank had been told on several occasions to not care about what his kids wanted or needed. The sorrow and desperation have been so big that Frank's life in longer periods have felt unbearable. Some times he just barely makes it through the days and he has contemplated suicide several times. A few times this frustration has been expressed by accident and of course it has been used against him, fueling Lily's belief that Frank is "sick".

But Frank wasn't worrying about himself at all, he never did. He was petrified, thinking about how his kids, his children were doing, what has happened to them and what they are learning from this. They are being taught how to bury trust instead of building it, they are learning how to lie and they are learning to hate instead of how to love.

No matter what he does, Frank can't seem to reach out to Lily and Miles. When he tries to tell them how he is doing and that he is worried about them, he's told that he's stupid, evil and manipulative. If he just sends them short messages with love declarations and saying that he's here for them, he's spamming.
He has been told that he has himself to blame every time he treats his kids "badly".
Has has been told that he's ruining the kids education and school day.
He has been told that everything is his fault and he deserves everything that's happening to him.
He is told that this is purely just the kids' opinions and that this is only them not wanting to deal with Frank.

But Frank knows better, and he feels powerless.

-

It had been one of many dark days that Frank again, for probably the hundredth time, found himself on Mikey Way's old, battered couch. Mikey had inherited the house after his parents died shortly after each other, and his brother had fucked off to New York ages ago.
Everyone had told Mikey to sell the god forsaken house, or at least tear it down to the earth, building a new one, but he refused. Maybe he had a small hope that his parents had turned into ghosts after their departure from the living world and decided to haunt the house.