facebook famous

a/n im so sorry. i hate myself. im crying. rape and suicide tw.

The first time it had been funny. Just a not-so-innocent joke that was liked and shared on Facebook among friends and classmates. Gerard had been sitting on the toilet, having done with his business long time ago, just browsing Facebook. Then the video had come up. The thumbnail was small and blurry, but he noticed the amount of likes and comments. He wasn't really interested in watching the video, but of course Facebook started playing the video without his consent and his eyes widened.

The video displayed a guy. A guy from his school (Wasn't  his name Frank?), perched on top of a bed with white sheets, blanket probably thrown to the ground. The thing that stunned Gerard was that Frank was naked, on his knees, dildo in hand and breathing heavily.

The camera shook, and a dark voice emitted from somewhere behind the camera, "C'mon Frank, do it like I told ya."

Frank raised an eyebrow and placed the dildo underneath him, "Like this?" His voice almost like a long breath.

The camera shook again and someone's thumb appeared in the corner for a small second, "Yeah, fuck yeah. So good to me, Frank."

Gerard couldn't watch more. With trembling hands and a completely red face he paused the video. Maybe he'd watch it later in the confines of his own room and bed.

He left quickly finished his bathroom visit and left the room.

-

It had been a weekend, and now it was Monday. Gerard found himself at his and Mikey's high school, though he could barely recognize it. There was a tension in the air, small whispers here and there between friends.

The hallway went completely dead-silent when Frank Iero stepped in to the school building.

At first, Frank didn't notice anything. He didn't have many friends, so he never payed much attention to the people in the hall. He had his headphones up on almost max, was staring at the ground, and jamming to whatever song was on. You could hear what he was singing because of the lack of chatter or students hurrying to class,  and the volume of his music.

It wasn't until he stopped by his locker, pulled off his headphones, found his science book and turned around that he noticed something wasn't quite right.

The moment he turned around, everyone who had been ogling him (which was basically everyone in the hallway, including Gerard) quickly turned their gaze to focus on something else. Frank definitely noticed.

He decided to ignore it, and to just get the fuck to science class. Frank hurriedly set his path to the science hall, wishing he had brought his headphones that were now laying securly in his locker.

Then someone started giggling. And the giggle just grew. It started in one mouth, and continued in another, many others. Soon everyone were laughing and spewing out comments. Gerard felt dizzy, but he couldn't help but chuckle too. Frank stopped dead in his tracks, and looked so bewildered. He stood there for a few seconds before sprinting to class.

It was during lunch Frank found the video. On Sunday he had broken up with his boyfriend, and two hours later the video had been posted.
He wanted to die.

-

The second time, it hadn't been funny. Not in the slightest.

This time around, Gerard was lying in his bed, about to fall asleep, but doing his nightly Facebook browsing before sleep caught up with him.

A video appeared on his dash, not that that was a rare occurrence, but you couldn't tell what it was about due to the dark thumbnail. It was if someone had filmed in a room with bad lighting.
Then the video started playing, and Gerard was stunned to silence.

You couldn't see much at first, but you could hear. It seemed to be filmed at a party, the bass from some shitty song booming from a distant room. There was voices, but they weren't really audible at first, until Gerard clearly heard someone order, "grab him". Someone turned some kind of flash on, the source unknown, and let you see the scene playing out on the bed.

Gerard recognized Frank, who looked drunk beyond compare, and maybe a little drugged too if he wasn't mistaken.

It didn't look like Frank was in much shape to fight back, so he was pushed around like a rag-doll.

Before anyone could sigh, Frank pants were pulled down to his thighs, underwear soon following, the guys surrounding Frank muttering small comment that Gerard didn't want to re-tell. This seemed to spark something within Frank, and you could barely hear a small "no" being whimpered.

"The fuck you say, bitch?" The guy looming over Frank scoffed. Gerard recognized him from the high school's football team. It was a big, buff and scary looking guy.

"P-please don't." Frank's voice sounded completely wrecked.

The number of guys manhandling Frank was unknown to Gerard, but he could hear them all laughing.

"Little sluts like you don't deserve to be heard," One of the guys behind camera said, and a sock was stuffed into Frank's mouth, "look at this as a greetingfrom Aron. 'M sure he wouldn't mind if we played with his fucktoy a little."

Frank was a mess, but he couldn't fight back. He was too weak, too influenced. He couldn't do much else than lie there and take it.

Gerard was completely frozen. He was so shocked that he couldn't stop the video, forgetting that there was a pause button. When the video ended, Gerard felt sick and nauseous, and he ran to the toilet to puke his guts out.

-

School the next day had been like hell. Gerard had arrived late, which caused him to walk into a huge mess. Everyone was talking loudly, either cheering or spewing evil comments. He couldn't see what everyone were making a deal about. Until he reached his locker. There, not far away from Gerard, he could see three guys wrestling on the floor, one of them being Frank.

Frank tried to put up a fight, but it seemed hopeless, the two older guys clearly had an overhand, and were currently beating the shit out of Frank.
Gerard could catch the words slut and whore a multitude of times, including some other creative nicknames.

He hurried to class.

-

Gerard had always been a quiet and shy kid. He still was, but he regret not speaking up, not speaking to Frank sooner.

The news hit him a few days later. He didn't know whether or not he should be surprised.

Frank had committed suicide. His mother had found him in their bathtub after she had come home from a late shift, with deep slashes down both of his wrists and an empty bottle of pills on the floor.
There was no saving Frank Iero. He had already been dead for 5 hours.

a/n .... merry christmas?
i'm not saying any of this is okay, even though i described the first part as a "joke", its not in the slightest. its never  okay.