Two || Raelynn Keturah

"I know we hate to think about it, but it's as real as you and me."

- Rihanna As Real As You and Me

Narrator's POV

Anakin and Padmé walked into the room quietly, unwilling to interrupt whatever the families had been talking about at the time.

When Anakin first entered the room, his eyes darted around, searching for this girl he so desperately yearned to meet.

And at last, when his gaze focused on the youngest woman in the room, something in him changed.

His heart jolted to life as if it weren't there to begin with. Chills ran up his spine as his eyes settled upon what he classified as... an angel.

She was so beautiful; her skin was a tan complexion with spotted freckles over her petite nose; her dirty-blonde wavy hair fell halfway down her back, over her shoulders gracefully. Her dark brown, mysterious eyes added to the alluring effect of her dark, perfectly shaped eyebrows.

She was dressed in something Anakin had never seen a Jedi wear before; a brown cropped top just above her stomach with a missing right sleeve, but a patterned one down her left arm. The pattern matched her brown Jedi tunic-styled pants, tight belt and below-the-knee boots. Kind of looks like something Aayla Secura would wear, Anakin thinks, I wonder if she's her Master.

But, Anakin couldn't help but think the thing that caught his eye the most was the black, spiked choker she wore around her neck. It didn't look like Jedi getup whatsoever, and he couldn't push away the fact she looked somewhat leaning towards the realms of the Sith.

She stood beside her parents, her plush lips formed into a forced smile, one hand on her hip. She looked rather annoyed to be there, but at the sight of Padme, she snapped out of her mood.

"Padmé!" She exclaims happily, turning from their families and jogging towards the senator. "Oh," she sighs, grabbing her into a hug, "It's so good to see you again."

"Raelynn," Padmé exhales gently, pulling away from the hug to get a better look at the girl she hadn't seen in so long. "Look at you, you're so beautiful!" Padmé laughs playfully.

Raelynn shakes her head and flashes a foolish smile. "No, no," she says, taking in Padmé's beauty. "You're far more beautiful. I mean, you've even got a guy with you!" Raelynn glances up at Anakin, but stops dead in her tracks. "Wait..." she says slowly, narrowing her eyes at Anakin, "Who is he?"

"A Jedi bodyguard, a good friend of mine, if you hadn't heard about the assassination attempts..."

"I've heard," Raelynn says bluntly, taken aback slightly as she noticed Anakin staring intently at her.

Padmé touches a gentle hand to Anakin's arm. "Ani," she whispers to snap him out of staring. He immediately does so, shakes his head abruptly, and straightens up.

"I - I'm sorry, Senator," he says quickly, turning back to the girl he couldn't get his eyes off of. She was looking at him strangely, as though she already didn't like him.

"So your name's Annie?" She raises an eyebrow in surprise, her voice growing irritated and brash.

He clears his throat. "Uh, no, it's, uh - Anakin. Anakin Skywalker." He nods and breaks into a small smile, but she doesn't fall for it. Her eyes search him up and down and she nods slightly.

"Got it. Raelynn Keturah."

Padmé feels as though she shouldn't have introduced the two - especially when Anakin speaks his mind. "I've heard a lot about you," he says, hopelessly trying to edge on a conversation with the distant girl.