Upset? : Part 9

Lunch was finally over and all the kids walk out of the cafeteria to see me on the ground next to Ethan. Some kids rushed over to see what has happened, others were gossiping and pointing. I lay on the ground hurt and confused. Scott has hit me. I couldn't believe it. I look up at him, speechless, tears streaming down my face. He stares back at me, looking just as surprised as I am. "Wait....Rose....I didn't mean too..", he says. He motioned his hand at me, to help me up, but instead, I get up by myself and run away, not looking back. "Nice going you loser..you made her cry.", Ethan said rising off the ground, wiping the blood from his mouth. Scott just stands there, with a blank look on his face.

Scott's POV:

I finally snap out of my daydream and began to search the school looking for Rose. I have looked everywhere but  failed to find her. I feel terrible that I have hurt the girl I've always had feelings for. Sure I have never really talked to her until now..but i've always found her oddly attractive. Sadly she don't really know me...we have shared classes together in the past, but I never really worked up the courage to actually talk to her and get to know her. I have to find her, and make things right between us.

I am still looking but I am having no luck. I come so close to giving up, until I walk by a door that reads "Staff Only". I put my ear to the door and I hear her crying. I take a deep breath and I slowly open the door to see her curled up in a ball on the floor weeping. I quickly close the door behind me, kneels down, and wraps my arms around her. She suddenly stops crying and looks surprised to see me. "Rose..i'm so sorry. I never meant to hurt you. I...I guess I let my anger get the best of me..please forgive me. I don't want you to be mad at me.." She doesn't say a word. Instead she wraps her loving arms around me. Tears started to form in my eyes and I hug her back roughly, knocking her over with her back against the floor. And she softly whispers in my ear, "I was never mad at you".

She closes her eyes, places her soft hands on my face, and slowly pulls my face towards hers..almost like she was going to kiss me. My face suddenly turns red and and my heart beat starts to increase.