Distracted: Part 4

I run out the front doors of the school and sees Kate standing there, waiting for me. "Rose! Finally! Gosh, what took so long?" She says looking at me. "Um..I...uh...needed to stay behind after class", I lie, blushing and scratching the back of my head. "Well....alright. Let's not waste anymore time! Let's go!!!" Kate grabs my hand and we both walk away from the school.

Me and Kate finally arrives to the ice cream place and we both are eager to eat some ice cream! I got a chocolate sundae, and kate gets cookies and cream ice cream. We both find a seat and just catch up on a bunch of stuff. Me and Kate has always been best friends friends. In fact..Kate is my only friend. She was always protecting me. Back in grade school, up to middle school, I was always being bullied. But kate always use to step in and risk herself getting hurt for me. I felt bad that I always use to get Kate involved in my own problems, but she never seemed to mind. She always helped me no matter what. I am so grateful to have a friend like her.

"So Rose, how was your first day of school?" She suddenly ask. I look up at her, then back at my ice cream. "It was.....interesting." I bluntly say. My mind starts to replay what has happened back at the school. Ethan's words was still echoing in my head..almost like a catchy song. Ethan said he would make me his..pfft please..I would like to see him try it. But i'm not going to lie..he is disturbingly handsome..but..he really creeps me out. Kate glares at me, trying to read me like a book. "Let me guess..you are still bothered by that guy aren't you? I told you..he will not hurt you..I will take him out if I have to Rose. You know how crazy I can get." I look up at her and nods my head. She isn't lying. It was after school. Me and kate was only in grade school then. Kate and I was walking home together. And this older guy..about 20 years of age, ran towards us and suddenly snatched me up and ran into a dark alley. He had me pinned to the wall and was feeling on my body. I just stood there and cried like a baby until Kate ran up to the guy and tackled him, and literally was beating him to death. I then grabbed a hold of Kate, pulling her away from him and we both ran away, leaving the man behind.

"Yeah..I know how you can get Kate..but honest..I am fine. I can handle him all by myself" I say, trying to get her not to worry about me. "Alright then..but if things get too out of hand..let me know." Kate then gets up and says that she must get home because her parents are probably worried sick. She leaves a tip on the table and then runs out the doors. A few minutes later after she left, I get up and leave a tip on the table as well and exits the building. I begin to walk home..but have a strange feeling that someone is following me.