ten - i'm a rebel not a role model

My very first concert was amazing. I failed to see how Paige thought that Luke and his friends were terrible. In my mind, 5 Seconds of Summer are amazing.

Luke was true to his word. He looked for me in the audience and smiled when he saw me. At first I thought that he was looking at Paige, but I saw him frown when he noticed the bored look on her face the entire concert.

"Aren't you having fun?" I asked Paige.

"Yeah," she said sarcastically. "I'm having a grand old time."

I rolled my eyes and tried to focus on the music. They played a few songs. One was called "Beside You", and another was called "Out of My Limit". I couldn't really remember the rest of the names.

After the concert, we dropped Calum, Michael, and Ashton back off at their houses. I told all of them how good they sounded live and that they had definitely earned a fan. After that, Luke began to take Paige and I back to the Academy.

"So," Luke said to me. "Will you be there for our next concert?"

"Three days, right?" I asked.

Luke nodded.

"Of course, I'll be there." I smiled.

"Great," Luke grinned. He asked to see my phone and I handed it to him. I noticed that he was putting his phone number in my contacts list.

"Just let me know if you ever want to do something like tonight again." He smiled.

I could feel myself blushing. "Yeah, thanks."

"Bye, Paige." he smiled, walking over to kiss her goodnight.

"Get off me, Luke." Paige said, her voice starting to break.

"What?" Luke asked. "Paige, what did I do?! I didn't mean to-"

"Just go." she said, looking down. "Please."

Luke took a step back and then looked back and forth between us.

"See ya, Parker." He said, starting to walk away.

"Bye, Luke." I sighed.

//

Right before I fell asleep I heard someone crying from behind me. I rolled over and saw Paige sobbing into her pillow in the bed next to mine.

"Paige?" I asked. "Are you okay?"

"Leave me alone, Parker." she said through her tears.

"Alright, fine." I said. "But, just know that you can talk to me. I know what it's like to keep things inside of you. And you can only do that for so long."

Paige rolled over and looked up at me. "What do you know about anything?"

"More than you'd think." I said.

Even though Paige was being a bit of a bitch, I felt a little sorry for her. I knew how bipolar she could be sometimes. She could say one thing one minute, and then mean something completely different two seconds later.

"Is this because of what you said earlier?" I asked her. "About not being able to go on as many adventures with Luke anymore.

Paige slowly nodded. "He's willing to do anything for that stupid band of his. When is he ever going to wake up and realize that there's more than that in life?"

"If that's what he cares about, then maybe you should let him." I said. "Maybe, you could try supporting his band a little more."

"Believe me, I've tried in the past." Paige sighed. "I'm just not into that kind of stuff."

"What? Music?" I laughed.

"Yeah." Paige said. "I'll never understand how people can become so obsessed with it."

"It makes people happy." I smiled.

"Not all of us." Paige said harshly, rolling back over and turning out the lights.

About five minutes passed before she said something again.

"Parker, can I tell you something?"

"Of course." I said, staring up at the ceiling.

"I don't think that I'm ready for tomorrow morning."

"Yeah, me neither." I sighed.

Tomorrow began our first day of classes at the Good Girls Academy. To be completely honest, I was a little nervous. I mean, what if something happened like the last time I screwed up? What if I get kicked out of the GGA, too? Then, where would I go?

I thought about tonight. Thoughts replayed in my head about the concert. Even though Paige wasn't having much fun, I thought that it was incredible. I began to grow a little nervous for the boys. They only had three days to write a hit song, and I would be stuck in an Academy during those three days, learning how to be a "role model". As if such things actually exist.

I wouldn't know, because I don't happen to be one.