thirteen - give me therapy

Calum's POV:

"Hello, Calum. Have a seat." a woman in front of me called. She motioned for me to come sit down across from her. I shut the door behind me and took a seat.

"I'm Ms. Johnson, but you can call me Kara." she said, sweetly.

"Hello." I said, waving slightly.

"So, I've been hearing that you've been having trouble sleeping at night." Kara said.

"Yeah, all of my mates thought that I was just sick." I told her. "Then, I told them that I hadn't been sleeping well and they got worried all of a sudden."

"Well, that's good that your friends care about you so much." Kara grinned.

I nodded. "Yeah."

Kara began reading off a list of symptoms and asking me if I had encountered any of them recently. Then, she asked about how I was doing in school, if I've ever had any suicidal thoughts, and lots of other things.

"Well, Calum." Kara finally said. "I think I know what the problem is."

"You do?" I asked. "What is it? Is it serious?"

"Calm down," Kara laughed. "What you have is insomnia. It's basically when you can't sleep at night because overthinking gets in your way."

Now that she mentioned it, it kind of made sense. I have been worrying about a lot of things lately. I had just tried out for the soccer team at my school and hadn't heard my results yet, my sister was going to be away for a month traveling with a friend, and the pressure of writing a new song was really getting to me.

Kara started to write on a piece of paper while telling me a little bit about herself and how she became a therapist. Then, she started asking me questions about my hobbies, and interests.

"So, what do you like to do in your free time?" She asked.

"I'm in a band." I replied.

"That's cool!" Kara exclaimed, still writing things down. "What do you play?"

"Bass, but I sing too."

Kara nodded. "That's really interesting. My brother used to play the bass."

"That's awesome!" I cried. "Why doesn't he anymore?"

"Well, he actually did stay with music, if you were wondering." she said, finally looking up from the paper. "Now, he helps bands become famous by playing at one of his arenas. You might have heard of him, actually. His name's Chad Johnson. Does that ring a bell?"

Chad. I thought. There's no way. Kara's brother is Chad.

"I have to go." I said quickly. I stood up and almost knocked over the table.

"Oh," Kara said. "Well your session isn't supposed to end until-"

"I'm sorry, but I really have to go." I said, heading towards the door. "Thanks so much for all your help!"

"But Calum!"

I ran out of Kara's office and outside of the main doors of the building. Running towards my car, I jumped into the driver's seat and sped off down the road.

Chad can't know that I was here.

He can't find out about any of this.

He will never let 5sos play at his arena if he sees one of their band members walking out from therapy. He'll assume that I'm crazy or something, when I'm not.

No. I have to keep this a secret from him.

But will Kara?

_______________________________

a/n:
Hey guys,

So I probably won't be updating for a few days, probably not until Monday or Tuesday. Just letting you know.

Also, I'm seeing One Direction tomorrow and 5sos at the end of this month so I'm freaking out.

But I just wanted to stop by and say heyyy.

Hope you all are doing well :) xx

- Becky