Chapter 8-Desperation

James p.o.v.
As I laid there all I could do was rub her arms and hold her hand, praying, hoping, begging that she would just open those beautiful eyes and tell me that she's ok. I only got to talk to her once, how can the world be so cruel. I don't know how long I laid there, self pitying myself, until my uncle walked in and tried to get my attention. I finally woke up from my trance when he said "its not too late, there's still a way to get her back." In a split second, I had him up against the wall. "You better not be messing with me. What do you know." He gently eased my hands off him as he said "easy James, I'd like to live another day." I rolled my eyes getting impatient. "Clocks ticking, hurry up old man." He sat down and started going over the legend of the book. "A long time ago, a man had a knack for writing. He was always writing books but no one ever bought them because they always had an eery, creepy feeling. He got sick and tired of everyone calling him  sick or freaky. One day it got so bad that he snapped. He wrote this book but this time put all his pain and misery within the book. It soaked up his broken miserable soul and has been trapped in there for centuries. Each century trapping someone just as miserable or even worse. It feeds off of the lonely and takes refuge in their homes until it sucks up all their life force. But there is a way to save them if you're fast enough. You being the mate of this young girl gives us a better chance. You see since you already kissed her you have made it easier for the bond to wedge its way into both your lives. She may appear dead but she is merely sleeping, trapped in a world unreachable by us but only physically not mentally. You must try and get inside her thoughts, let her feel you, sense you, know that there is a way to save her but do not push too hard or the book will retaliate and make it worse on her, do you understand?" I was speechless, shocked without any words.'Why? Why would somebody do this. Its despicable. Terrible. I admit I've done things that I'm not proud of. Being a werewolf puts you in bad positions but this this is just insanity.' I gulped and replied with a shaky "yes, yes I understand." I made my way back to my beautiful dawn, kissed her forehead and said "don't worry, it'll all be ok, I promise." With one final squeeze of her hand, I laid back down and got to work. "Ok uncle, where do I begin."