Chapter 1-Meeting

Dawn P.O.V

I walked into the library, after a tough day in class. The library has always been my saving salvation, between the books and quietness, I was in heaven. I nodded at the librarian and she smiled saying, “back so soon Dawn?” I replied, “Yeah the book was amazing but something has been calling me here lately.” She just shrugged and went on with her day. I immediately went to the supernatural, fiction section. After what seemed like forever, searching for a book, I came across a pure white book, with sleek and shimmering looking pages. I was captured by the beauty of the way it looked and I couldn’t shake the feeling of having to get this book and read it NOW. This little voice kept saying “read me”, “read me”, over and over. First it was soft, just barely a whisper, then it turned to being screamed into my head, so loud I internally winced. I went to open the book to just make it stop, when the book was ripped away from my grasp! I shook my head getting out of the trance I was in, zeroing in on the book in this person’s hands. After what seemed like several minutes, I finally realized I still haven’t seen who this person was. I went to look at their face and ended up staring into the bluest eyes I have ever seen. I felt like they were looking straight into my soul, they were as blue as the sky on a clear sunny day. It took all my strength to break our eye contact, to see the rest of Him. He had black shaggy hair that fell over his eyes, and really full lips. I wonder how someone could have such kissable lips, where did that thought come from? As I was wondering what was wrong with me, those oh so wonderful lips curved into a smirk and that’s when I realize I was still openly staring. I cleared my throat and my mouth became instantly dry. My voice came out more hoarse and timid sounding than I intended as I said “Um I was looking at that book.” I looked up after not hearing a reply, just to see he was getting his fill of looking at me. I could feel the heat on my cheeks and looked away before he saw, only thinking what the hell is wrong with him.