Chapter 5-Remember

Dawn pov

I went back to the T.V. and I remembered, wait the book! I reached for my book bag and carefully got it out. Then, I heard it, a low dangerous growl coming from my dog, with his tail between his legs, back fur risen up, and ears on high alert, I didn’t know what to do this was so unlike him. “Bobo what’s wrong boy?” I tried to say in a soft soothing voice but it came out shakier then I planned. He seemed to realize it was me and answered me with a soft whine. I turned off the T.V., patted his head, and slowly got up, to not ensure another growl, and went to my room to start reading. I made a quick detour and took a hot shower and snuggled up in bed. Bobo at the foot of the bed and my new book in my hands, I started to read. In shimmering letters the words “No going back” appeared on the front page as the title. I got up to chapter 3 when the weirdest thing happened, some form of wind came gushing in and I felt something freezing touch the side of my face. That’s when I heard it and became paralyzed with fear, just barely above a whisper, but clear as day it said, “There’s no going back now.” That’s when I could finally let out a scream and the thing in my room didn’t like that. The last thing I remember is seeing a shadow in the doorway and saying the one thing that popped into my head, “James.”