P A R T O N E

Authors Note:

THIS IS MY FIRST PIECE! I am so excited and I hope you guys love it! Also, feedback is very welcome! x
--------------------------------------------
Leah's P.O.V:

|| 2 years ago||

*buzz buzz buzz*
I wake up to the familiar sound of my phone vibrating on my desk. 8.30 am, time to get up. I roll onto my stomach and stretch out all my limbs, letting out a large grunt while I'm at it. Today was a big day, I needed to be as ready as ever. I launched myself off my king-sized mattress and landed on both feet, that being an achievement in itself. I plug my phone into my dock and blast 5Sos on repeat. Being my typical self, I dance around and trip over my phone charger cable, sending both my phone and myself onto the wooden floor. Great. I swipe my phone of the floor and to my delight, the screen is smashed into 1000's of tiny glass chips. I knew this day was going too well. I step around the murder scene and head for the bathroom. I do my usual morning pee and then walk over to the vanity to wash my hands and check myself out. To my own horror, I see an awfully large, skittle sized pimple on the end of my nose. Hopefully nothing a bit of foundation won't fix. I decide to head downstairs to make some breakfast before I head to the University. Today I have the Harvard University Open Day and Interview Evening. I have always dreamt of studying there, and today is pretty much make it or break it. I put two slices of bread in the toaster and boil the jug. I jog back upstairs and put on the outfit I finally decided on. I chose a straight, black pencil skirt with a white blouse and black cardigan. I need to make an impression, so dressing right is a good start. I quickly straightened my hair, applied a small amount of make up and headed back to the toaster. I put the slices on a plate and grabbed a mug from the cupboard. I lather my toast in Vegemite, and sit down in front of the tele. I channel surf for a bit until I find the show I want, Friends. I feel my phone vibrate in my pocket, and see a text from my mum, wishing me good luck and reminding me about my shift change at work. I was switched from the morning to the evening shift at Starbucks, to make sure I can make Uni classes. I finally put my dishes in the dishwasher, grab my black stilettos and car keys off the bench and shut my apartment door. I hop into the elevator and reach the lobby. I walk out into the carpark and search for my mini. Every morning I have the same issue, searching for a while until I find it. I open the car and hop in. As I turn the key and pump the acceleration, nervousness starts to settle in. "You'll be fine" I say to myself, "You'll be just fine."