The first

Adding lots of character pictures on every chapter so be sure to check them out ;)

Comment!!!! :D

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I held Lily's hand as the bus came to a stop. It was her first year of school and Alice had asked me to help with her since Leea was practically terrified. Jacob was joking with Michael and Reese while Jamie was reading a book. Leea sat cross-legged on the grass.

When the bus doors opened the driver barely noticed us. The bus seats were completely  soaked because it had rained the night before and apparently the windows were open. I crouched down next to one of the seats so it looked like I was sitting but I actually wasn't. Lily sat right down and Leea sitting on the other side of the isle followed my example.

I looked at the other kids on the bus. Michael was sitting with some muscular guys who  seemed to be talking about track team while Reese sat with a tall boy whose hair was wet. I listened to their conversation. They were talking about swimming this morning. I stopped listening when Lily tugged on my shirt.

I looked down at her. "Jamie?" She asked. I looked down the isle and saw him sitting at the front of the bus with some kids with their noses in books. "In the front." I said to Lily.

She nodded and looked out the window. I turned to look towards the back of the bus and saw Jake looking at me. As soon as our eyes met, he looked away. His friends were pointing at    Leea whisteliing. I rolled my eyes. Why would Jacob be with some jerks like them.

The bus ride was about ten minutes long. The school had dolphins painted all over the outside walls.

As kids unloaded I got a complete view of how big the school was. I thought schools in  Wyoming were big. Dolphin Beach Middle School was giant. It had four floors. Each floor was so big it must take 5 minutes to walk from one end to another.

When we walked inside Lily ran off to her class. I followed Jacob because Alice had told me he was in my class. Leea went to find the office to ask where the special class was.

Jake opened a classroom door that was all the way at the end of the hall. He stepped inside leaving me alone in the hallway. I felt a strange feeling like someone or something was watching me.

I ran into the classroom and shut the door behind me.

I turned around and gasped. There were so  many people in this class. Around 25. The teacher was the same hieght as me and she had black hair and dark brown eyes. Jaccob was in the back of the class smiling and watching me with his feet up on the table surronded by the jerks who were whistiling at Leea.

"A new student!" The teacher exclaimed. "You can sit there next to Holly." She said pointing to a girl with very long black hair down to her hips done in a braid exactly like mine. Her hazel eyes shined as she looked out the window. When she turned to face me her face turned into a smile.

"Hi, I'm Holly." She said. "Our teacher is Ms. Roberts."

"I'm Sadie." I told her.

The day went by fast. All the classes were easy because I had learned all of the stuff already but the nightmare started when it was time for gym class. Today was swimming day.

"Just get in the water Sadie!" The coach was telling me.

"But I can't" I stuttered.

"And why is that?" She asked.

"I can't swim!" I blurted out immediatly regretting it.

Everyone who was nearby gasped. My story was half true. I didn't know how to do any of the strokes the other kids were doing.

The coach sighed. "Just sit in the bleachers until gym class is over."

I walked under the bleachers. To my surprise there was a small lake behind them. I looked around making sure no one was watching and then ran for the water diving in.

Bubbles surronded me as my legs changed. My hair came loose from the tight braid and gills formed on my neck. Webbing grew inbetween my fingers. I was a mermaid again.

As soon as I had changed my senses hightened. I felt like someone was watching me again. I swam  behind a large rock that was near the shore. Almost right away I saw Shale.

She looked exactly the same, her flowing black hair and purple tail glistening. I backed away even further. I bonked my head against a rock.

The last thing  saw was Shale swimming full speed towards me.