Chapter 8

Vespera's P.O.V.:

''ARE YOU INSANE! That is my son you almost killed!'' Valka and I were in the same special cave as when she first brought me here. She was yelling at me, of which I payed little attention to.

I transformed into my human form. I had to sit there since all I had was the fake tail wing. ''I'm sorry Valka, what did you say?'' I asked, obviously distracted and not paying attention to her.

She glared at me, then relaxed her posture. ''Vespera, what are you thinking about?'' She asked, still very annoyed.

''Hmm? Oh, nothing...'' I trailed off.

She sighed, ''Fine you're obviously not going to tell me.'' She walked out, leaving me with my thoughts. This boy, Valka's son, Hiccup...he's different. He was kind, unafraid of me, caring....no, Vespera, stop it! You can not trust anyone but Valka. Even though he had that amazing voice and cute messy, auburn hair.....

I sighed and willed my bones to shift and realign themselves. I stalked outside and looked around the sanctuary. Okay, where's Hiccup? I jumped and soared through the air. I only had to fly for a few minutes before I saw him talking with Valka.

I landed and Valka took a defensive stance in front of Hiccup. I looked into her eyes with a soft gaze. She looked at me a little confused. I motioned to her belt. She looked at the prosthetic leg, which she keep on the side of her belt and traded it out with my tail wing when necessary.

She looked at me with wide eyes when she realized what I was going to do. She shook her head and I countered it with a slight nod and a gummy smile.

She trembled a little as she took the fake leg from her belt and set it in front of me.

''Um, mom? You do know that you just gave a dragon a human prosthetic.''

She smiled nervously at Hiccup. ''Yes, and for good reason. You must trust her, okay?''

''Mom, what in Thor's name are you talking about?'' She stepped back and Hiccup turned his attention back to me.

Well, here goes nothing.