Chapter 13

Hiccup's P.O.V.:

We were flying over the ocean, Mom on Cloudjumper to my right and Vespera flying as a dragon to my left.  I felt safe and happy.

Suddenly, Cloudjumper and Vespera stopped, the rest of the dragons from the sanctuary stopping too.  Mom looked to the water below us. I looked too and saw the Alpha species working together with a few Sea Shockers.  The Alpha shot out of the water and glanced at me and Mom before shooting a ton of fish into the air. I gasped and heard Mom's laughter in the background.

I motioned to Toothless he could take a shot at catching some of the falling fish, and he went wild.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
After we finished eating, we went on a flight, just me, Toothless, Mom, Cloudjumper, and Vespera. 

Mom finally broke the silence.   "Hiccup?  This is exactly what being a dragon is all about!  You just feel so-"

"Free," I finished.  We smiled at each other.

"You know, its great to call yourself a dragon and all, but can you fly?" I unhooked my safety strap and jumped.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Vespera's P.O.V.:

I saw Hiccup unhook his safety strap and jump.  I roared and dove after him.  Suddenly, sheets of hide popped out, acting as wings, and he was gliding through the air. My eyes widened and I soared next to him. He looked over at me, smiled, and flipped over onto his back to look up at Valka.

She laughed in surprise and glee.  He flipped back over and gave a happy whoop.  He suddenly gasped and called to Toothless.

A large rock was straight ahead of us and Hiccup was going to crash.  I looked back and saw Toothless wasn't going to make it in time. I sped up and grabbed Hiccup and aimed for the gap in the rock.  My aim was true and, with Hiccup safely encased in my arms and under my wings, crashed into the snow, tumbling as we slide down the hill.