Chapter 9

Vespera's P.O.V.:

I gave Hiccup one last glance before closing my eyes and shifting. I felt the familiar tingling sensation and opened my eyes when I was completely transformed.

Hiccup had the same reaction as Valka did. He stood there with wide eyes and mouth opening and closing, not sure of what to say.

I strapped on my fake leg, stood, and gave Valka the tail fin. I stood next to Valka as we both turned our attention to Hiccup. He was looking from me to Valka. His dragon, on the other hand, was intrigued. He walked up to me and sniffed my hand. I smiled softly at him and he gave me a gummy smile.

''What...how?'' Was all Hiccup could say.

''I took a step toward him and reached out my hand to take his. He recoiled and I paused. I sighed and stepped back.

I told him the whole story.

~~~~~~~Flashback~~~~~~~
''Mama? Can I go play outside?'' My mother smiled warmly at me.

''Of course deary, just be careful.'' I giggled, nodded, and ran out the front door.

I walked around the village for a while before I finally met up with my friends. Lyra, my best friend, was a blue and red Snafflefang shifter. She had brown doe eyes and dark brown hair. She was a head taller than I was and often wore a blue dress with blue tights and fuzzy yak fur boots. Sharp, my best guy friend and crush, was a majestic light red Stormcutter. He had messy blone hair and deep green eyes. He often wore fur boots, fur pants, and a fur vest with a brown shirt. The twins, Thorn and Fern, both girls by the way, were Nadders. They both had short brown hair and often wore corresponding clothing. The only way any of us could tell them apart were their eyes and the colors of their dragon. Fern had bright blue eyes and was a green and pink Nadder while Thorn had deep lavender eyes and was a blue and green Nadder. And finally, myself. I hadn't transformed yet, so I was allowed to hang out with them becuase I wasn't considered dangerous yet.

''Hey Lyra!'' Everyone turned their attention toward me and waved.

''Hi Vespera! Where you been all day?'' Thorn asked sweetly.

''Lookin for you guys!'' A said with a smile.

We decided to visit the docks and go for a flight. I couldn't fly but told them I liked to watch them fly.

We were almost at the docks when I collapsed. I moaned in agony and squirmed, tying to stop the pain. My friends stood back, for they knew this meant I was transforming for the first time. Fern ran off to get my dad and Sharp ran to get my mom.

I felt my bones struggling to realign themselves and the weird tingling. Lyra and Thorn waited by my side to see what dragon I was. After a few painful monents, I stood up, only to fall back over, not use to the feeling of being on four legs. The two girls looked at me in amazement.

''So, what am I?'' The two exchanged glances.

Lyra spoke, ''Umm, you...well...I mean...Vespera....you're a Night Fury.''

*Time skip, age 15*

It wasn't my parent's choice. They had to follow tradition. Becuase I was a Night Fury shifter, everyone considered me to be dangerous. I wasn't allowed to see my friends or do anything without my parent's permission. But that was the least of my problems.

''Hey, babe.'' A hand was gently placed on my waist, with the arm around my back. Thorin...Thorin was my biggest problem. He was the only person I was allowed to hang around with while not being chaperoned by my parents. I'm pretty sure you can guess why too. If you guessed because he was a Night Fury too, you're right. Actually, he is the only other Night Fury shifter we know of.

I sighed, ''Hello Thorin.''

''So, you interested in goin' for a flight?''

''Umm, not right now, sorry.'' I pulled away from his grasp and started to walk away.

He grabbed my arm rather violently and pulled me back so our lips were less an inch apart.

''I'm, sorry, I believe I heard you wrong. What was that you said, babe?'' He said "babe'' with a slight threatening tone.

I sighed again, ''Yes, I will go with you on a flight.''

''See, I knew I heard you wrong.'' He smiled evily at me.

In our tribe, we have to marry a person of the same dragon, and since Thorin was the only Night Fury, I had no choice. And he knew it, thus justifying anythig he did to me. I couldn't do anything about the things he did to me.

We were at the edge of the docks. We shifted and took off. Thorin looked just like me except his tail fins, which had a slight red tint to them.

We weren't in the air long, but just long enough to escape ear shot and sight of the village.

''So, what do you say, you wanna go have some fun?'' I knew exactly what he meant by that, and its not the playing and frolicking through the forest kind of fun.

Apparently I paused for a moment too long because Thorin raked his claws over my back. I whimpered and agreed to have some "fun."

~~~~~~~End of flashback~~~~~~~

A/N: Hey everybody! Thank you so much for reading and supporting this book. I'm so sorry it is taking this long to update but I am dealing with a few personal issues and have been putting all my energy into that. Thank you so much for being patient with me.

Lauren ♡