Chapter 11

Vespera's P.O.V.:

This can't be happening! I can't ever love anyone again. All I do hurt people and there seems to be a trend that they die....

I sat as a human in my special cave, crying at the memory of my family, dying.

I sniffled. Come on! Why do I have to be different! Why can't I just be a normal girl! I began crying again. The Night Fury....he's also different, maybe I can become friends with him?

I stopped crying after a few moments and gathered myself together. I need to find the other Night Fury.

I shifted and checked to make sure the fake tail wing was strapped properly. Seeing it was fine, I took off. I soared as high as I could in the sanctuary, searching for the only other pure black dragon here.

After an hour of searching, I noticed him napping with the human propped up against his side.

Ugh, I dont think I'll ever get used to a human riding a Fury.

I landed and Hiccup looked up. I met his gaze for a second then roared softly.

''Toothless?'' The black dragon lazily opened his forest green eyes and yawned. Once he saw me, however, he was wide awake and nudging Hiccup to get off his side.

''Vespera?'' God, his voice is like an angel's. ''Whats wrong?''

He stood as Hiccup walked over to me. I growled and he halted. I tilted my head toward Toothless and he nodded.

Once Toothless and I were alone, it was just awkward silence.

''So...'' he began, ''I, umm, how are you?'' He nervously shifted his weight from left to right.

''I am fine. Look I was hoping we could talk.'' He nodded, encouraging me to continue. ''I would like to become friends with you...'' His face fell in disappointment for a split second, but quickly replaced it with a smile.

''Of course. I would love you. LOVE IT! Not you, I mean, maybe some day, but, okay I'm gonna shut up now.'' He quickly stuttered.

I stepped back in surprise. Did he say he would love me? No one has told me they would love me in years.

I stared into his gorgeous green eyes. I've known this dragon for less than a day, and he's already decided he loves me?

Little did I know, I would soon begin developing feelings for him too.