Chapter 10

Vespera's P.O.V.:

I looked to Hiccup. He had a thoughtfull, yet confused look on his face.

I blushed furiously when he looked up and our eyes met. I turned away, trying to hide my bright red face.

Hiccup stood and walked up to me. He stood just inches away from me. I slowly raised my eyes to meet his gaze. His deep green eyes told me he was sorry.

I blinked a few times as he turned to his mother.

''I don't know what to say, Mom. How long has she been here?'' Hiccup asked slowly.

''Only 5 or 6 months.''

He nodded and glanced at me. I sighed and wlked around Hiccup to Valka's side. I ripped the fake tail wing from her belt and she jumped back a little at my sudden movements.

I unstrapped my leg and replaced it with the tail. After I shifted, I spread my wings for take off.

''No, wait!'' It was Hiccup's silky voice. I glanced at him and took off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hiccup's P.O.V.:

I watched as the purple-eyed dragon took off. Toothless ran to the edge of the cliff and roared softly after her.

Why would she just fly off like that?

I jumped when I heard Mom's voice right next to me.

''Don't worry, son. Her tribe stayed well hidden and we are the only two people outside of that tribe to know she exists.'' She explained.

I sighed, ''Mom? Why did she just fly off like that?''

''She's nervous around new people, she was the same with me, a little weary. She quickly warmed up to me though.''

I hope she warms up to me too.....she's so pretty. I could learn to like her....well, maybe I already do....