Chapter 2

Jinx

"We sit right over here." Lyric says pointing to a table slightly near the center of the cafeteria. We don't even bother to go get food, but instead go to sit next to the two girls at the table.

"Yellow, Basil, I'd like you to meet our newest member of the cool names club, Jinx. Jinx this is Basil and Yellow." Lyric introduces. Basil has long, straight, brown hair, blue eyes, and a few freckles over her nose. Yellow has red curly hair and big brown eyes. I wave and smile at them.

"Welcome to the unofficial club Jinx!" Yellow smiles and so does Basil.

"Oh my god. Oh my god. Oh my god." Basil starts to panic. "Guys, Michael Clifford dyed his hair back to green. He matches my name again! It's meant to be."

Their attention focuses to something across the cafeteria. I turn to see what they're looking at.

Four guys walk into the cafeteria. They're all dressed in some type of band shirt and ripped black skinny jeans. One of the guys is super tall with a blonde quiff and lip ring. One has tan skin, black hair (that looks very soft), and brown eyes. One guy is wearing a black fedora over his wavy dirty blonde hair. I can see his massive biceps through his shirt. The last guy has pale skin, an eyebrow piercing, and bright green hair. He must be the Michael guy Basil was just obsessing over. Girls are literally trying to crowd around them and touch them. Wtf?!

"Who are they?" I ask slowly. A smile creeps onto Lyrics face.

"The blonde one is Luke Hemmings. The green haired guy is Michael Clifford. Fedora boy is Ashton Irwin. And that really cute tan one with the puppy dog eyes is Calum Hood." She explains. I feel like I'm watching a slow motion movie as the four guys walk to their table. "They have a band called 5 Seconds Of Summer. They're the most popular guys in our school."

"Basil has had a crush on Michael since first grade, I started liking Luke when I was a freshmen, and Tiffany has loved Calum ever since he moved five houses down from her when they were like two." Yellow gushes.

"Have you ever talked to them?" I question, my eyes not leaving the boys.

"Well kind of, it's complicated. But I do love to look at em'." Basil sighs dreamily. Basil, Yellow, and Lyric turn towards me all at once and give me sympathetic looks.

"Ashton will be chasing after you soon." Basil says. I raise an eyebrow curiously.

"What do you mean?"

"Lyric hasn't told you yet?" Yellow asks. I shake my head. What are they talking about? "Well, you see, Ashton Irwin has a big reputation."

"He has a reputation bigger than his biceps." Basil widens her hands to represent the size of his biceps.

"And bigger than his hands." Lyric adds showing us her own hand that was pretty small.

"Well, what is his reputation?" I ask impatiently.

"He's, you know, 'done it' with every girl in this school. Apparently it's like this dare his friends made him do and now it's turned into this huge tradition." Yellow explains. My eyes widen. Every girl in the school?! This is a pretty big school!

"Even the freshmen?!" I almost yell by accident. The girls nod.

"Every single one of them. Well, actually I think he has one more girl left, and then he'll come for you." Come for me?! I don't want that kind of attention right now!

"I'll just say no." I say calmly. Lyric bites her lip.

"Sweety that won't work. He doesn't take no for an answer. He'll annoy you until you give up." A billion thoughts race through my mind. But, but, but, I don't want that to happen! Suddenly, a thought occurs in my mind.

"Wait, does that mean that you guys have.." I trail off. Lyric scratches her neck as Yellow and Basil look around awkwardly. Oh. My. God.

"You actually did?! Oh my gosh! Was it enjoyable?" I ask. An awkward silence settles over us.

"Let's just say, we were in no way disappointed. But after that I decided that I would never do anything like that again unless it was with Calum and only Calum." Lyric admits. I want to burst into laughter, but I feel that this is not the time. "I don't want this to happen to you though, Jinx. We need to prevent him from doing this to you! Any ideas ladies?"

A silence settles over us again as we all start thinking. I've got absolutely nothing. Oh god, Ashton Irwin will never stop bugging me until I give him my virginity!

"I got it!" Basil shouts. "Yellow, you said that he still has one more freshmen, right? So we just have to keep her under our wing and make sure she never does it with Ashton. If he can't get to her then he'll never get to Jinx!"

"Basil you're a genius!" I yell in happiness.

"No, I'm actually pretty stupid. But I can read minds!" She says. I give her a sympathetic grin. Basil may be really stupid, but she's turning out to be one of the best friends I've ever had. Even though I've only known her for about seven minutes.

"So who's the last freshman?" Yellow asks. I wait patiently for an answer. Lyric's eyes widen in horror.

"Oh god. It's my cousin, Elsa."