Chapter 3

Jinx

Yellow, Basil, Lyric, and I crowd around my locker. I pull my shades on that have been sitting in my locker all day. I didn't bother to get any of my teachers to sign that paper that the office lady gave me. Oopsies.

"Hey, do you guys maybe wanna come to my house?" I ask hesitantly. Basil's eyes widen.

"OH MY GOD, YES! I've never been to an American house before!" She yells excitedly. I keep in the urge to smack my own forehead. Yellow and Lyric nod in agreement with wide smiles.

"Mom this is Basil, Yellow, and Lyric. Guys, this is my mom." I introduce them. They say their hellos.

"If you girls ever need anything, you can always come to me. I'm a cool mom!" My mom exclaims. I smack my forehead with the palm of my hand. God, she's like Regina's mom in Mean Girls.

Soon we arrive at my house. I show the girls my room. The walls are a soft blue with white furniture. Pictures of my life in Maine hang on a string with clothespins. The huge window over looks the street.

"So, I wanted to talk to you guys about this whole Ashton thing more." I say. They nod for me to continue. "How did it happen? I mean, like, how did you lose your virginity?"

"We were all sophmores I think. Ashton had only been bugging me for a few days. I told him I'd do it if his friend was there. So technically he didn't take my virginity, his friend did." Lyric explains. She had a threesome? Jesus.

"Who was the friend?" I ask.

"His name rhymes with Calum." Basil hints.

"Basil, his name is Calum." Yellow sighs, shaking her head.

"Calum rhymes with Calum." Basil sticks her tongue out at Yellow. "Anyways, I was at a party when it happened. I don't really remember it. I was pretty drunk. All I remember is waking up the next morning next to Ashton, we were naky and I was bleeding."

We all burst out laughing.

"Well, mines kinda boring. Everyone was getting boyfriends and stuff and I felt left out. I've always kinda been the nerdy one. I agreed to do it with Ashton, but my parents were always home and on guard. So we did it in the girls bathroom." Yellow admits. I raise my eyebrows. Risky girl.

"Why didn't you just go to his house?" I ask. Lyric laughs.

"Oh no, no one ever goes to Ashton's house for that stuff. I don't think any girl has gone to his house besides his ex girlfriend, Bianca." She explains.

"Why doesn't he bring girls to his house?"

"No clue. Honestly, I'm still wondering how he hasn't gotten herpes." Yellow says. A knock comes from my door. Mom walks in holding a tray of wierd looking drinks. I think they're virgin piña coladas. My mom's always been into making wierd drinks like that.

"What's this about herpes?" She questions setting the tray down on my desk.

"Just stupid guys at school." I respond.

"Cute guys?"

"Very cute." Lyric says.

"Ooo, tell me all about it." Mom takes a seat on my bed with us, ready for all of the gossip to come.

"Their names are Luke, Ashton, Michael, and Calum. They have a band called 5 Seconds Of Summer." Basil says.

"Luke huh? The neighbor across the street from us came over today for coffee. She said she had a son named Luke. What's his last name?" Mom asks.

"Hemmings."

"That's him!" She exclaims. One of those guys live across the street from us? Oh god. Kill me now. Basil creeps over to the window and peaks out of the curtains.

"Guys, they're all out there." She says. Yellow, Lyric, my mom, and I rush over to peak out of the curtains too. Sure enough, the four boys are passing around a soccer ball in the driveway across from us.

"Woah. They're hot. If I were you guys, I'd hit that." Mom says.

"Mom, really?" She shrugs. "They're jerks and pervs."

"Pervs or not, they're still good looking." My mom points out. Basil, Yellow, and Lyric nod their heads in agreement. I sigh, taking a sip from one of the drinks that my mom brought up.

"We should go walk by. You know, casually though." Yellow suggests.

"Yah!" Lyric exclaims. The three of them get up and start to fix their hair in the mirror.

"C'mon Jinx. What, are you scared?" Lyric asks. Me? Scared? I think not. Aren't we supposed to be avoiding these guys though. You know, so I don't loose my virginity?! After thinking it over for a minute, I sigh and stand up. I'll go. But only to make sure one of the girls doesn't trip over a rock or something, because we all know that will probably happen.

I close the door behind me, sliding my sunglasses over my eyes. I've come to a conclusion, Australia is just too hot for me. We walk side by side down the street. The boys seem to stop their little soccer game as we walk by. Michael wolf whistles at us. I lower my sunglasses the slightest bit to look at them. Ashton smirks, pushing his hair away from his face. Lyric runs into a fire hydrant and almost falls over. Oh my god. Calum sends her a small silly smile and raises his eyebrows. These girls need some serious help when it comes to guys.