Chapter 23 [edited]

Love me like you do - Ellie Goulding

2 weeks later. . .

Rose

As soon as Nathan was back in London he told me that he had to fly to Chicago the following week again. A business trip, again.

I asked him why he had to fly to Chicago so frequently, because if his mum's health wasn't that great, then he should stay there for a longer time, but he said that she's fine.

" You don't have to lie to me, Nathan. If your mum doesn't feel well, I can fly the following week to Chicago and spend some time with her. " I told him as we went past the security check together.

" Nah! It's okay. Enjoy you your sister's 20th birthday and we'll see us in two weeks again. " he assured me smiling.

" But Nathan! I do not understand! In the last two years you've been traveling to Chicago more than twenty times and everytime you said that it was a business trip! I know that you're a lawyer and sometimes cases can last longer, I know, but more than two years and that in the US? You studied British law, didn't you? Not American. "

" Babe, I know that you might be confused but I'm defending now a British company in Chicago and there's so much trouble that it lasts longer than usual. I'm sure that this year will be the last one where I have to travel there. " Nathan's hand rested on my shoulder and he smiled at me that I sighed.

" To which gate do you have to go ? " Nathan added taking his ticket from his passport.

" E14 what about you ? "

" D9 "

" I guess, we'll go different ways now, won't we? " I asked him.

" Boston isn't next to Chicago so I guess no. Our ways are parting now. " Nathan said and I nodded.

He gave me a ' good-bye kiss ' and I hugged him.

" Give your family and Trish my regards. " he said.

Trish. I'm such a bad excuse for a liar. I told him that my old friend Trish would pick me up and I would spend two days with her because she has to go then back to Miami where she lives now, even though there's an other person who will pick me. I'm such a badass.

" Erm. . . yeah, I will. " I stuttered bit nervously. Afterwards we grabbed our small suitcase and parted in different ways.

I went through the terminal and since it was quite big, I had a lot to see. Of course I bought some magazines and snacks for the flight .

When I arrived my gate, I had the luck that it was opened so all the passengers could border.

My seat was next to the hallway and I was really happy for that because I hate it to ask the other passengers next to you whether they could stand up so you could go to the bathroom.

As soon as the plane was in the air I put my earplugs in and listened my music.

9 hours later. . . .

' Cabin crew, please take your seat. We arrived the Logan Airport. The weather in Boston is quite warm and sunny . ' the capitan announced and everyone prepared oneself for the landing.