Chapter 16: Idefk

(A/N: I have no idea what to call this chapter 😂 Enjoy it regardless... Thanks! Also, I love reading your comments! Please comment! I read every one of them!)

Bella's POV:

I became aware that I was controlling my thoughts again as I woke up slowly from my slumber. I tried to open my eyes, but the sleep in them stuck my lids together.

I shifted slightly and something hit my hand. Or, my hand hit it.

"Ow, Bell," a voice moaned after my hand hit the object. Something grabbed my hand and moved it back to my side and I felt something big shift around.

I realized it was Edward, and that I had hit him in the face. Oops. I should probably say sorry, but I could barely keep myself from slipping back into unconsciousness.

Suddenly, my eyes snapped open and the light flooded into my pupils as I blinked repeatedly.

"Oh my God, the light!" I moaned, trying to hide my face from the sunshine.

Edward chuckled, standing up to close the blinds. I took in his appearance as he walked over to his window.

He was wearing light blue and dark blue flannel sweatpants, a light blue tee, and his hair was in a messier disarray than usual. He was bare foot, and his feet scuffed the carpet flooring quietly.

I slowly sat up, throwing the comforter off me. I was still in yesterday's clothes. Edward must have gotten up to change at some point. I must've been asleep hard.

Edward walked back to the bed and sat down next to me.

"Hey," he croaked, morning voice apparent. I smirked.

"Hi," I said, standing up off of the bed.

He looked at me curiously.

"We have to freshen up," I told him, and he nodded. He grabbed some clothes from his dresser and walked into his bathroom while I looked for an outfit.

I chose a black, white, and pink flannel button up with black leggings and black combat boots. I brought them into the bathroom with me as I started the water in the tub.

I stripped down and started the shower, and stepped in. I washed my hair and my body while singing 'Rumor Has It' by Adele.

When I got out, I dried off and put the outfit on before walking back into my room and stepping over to the vanity to do my hair.

I brushed it quickly, yanking through the knots painfully before pulling it back in a high ponytail.

I went in the bathroom again and brushed my teeth and used mouthwash, before washing my face again. I put on a little mascara and some brown eyeshadow to give myself the natural look.

I finally walked out of the bathroom and skipped back to Edward's room. He was lounging on the bed watching Family Guy. He was wearing a white button-up, dark blue jeans, and some white Jordans.

"Hey," I greeted him with a smile. He smiled back.

"Hi."

I was about to sit down next to him when Esme yelled.

"Breakfast!" Esme called from the kitchen. I stood from my half-sitting demeanor, and Edward tossed his legs off of the side of the bed before standing up swiftly.

He intwined my hand with his before towing me to the kitchen.

The smell of French toast and bacon surrounded us.

"Mmmm," I said, enjoying the warm aroma.

"It does smell good, doesn't it?" Edward agreed.

We walked into the kitchen where everyone was already sitting at the table.

"Good morning, Ella!" Alice squealed gleefully.

"What?" I asked, raising my eyebrow suspiciously.

"Oh my God, Bella, how do you even call yourself a girl?" Alice whined. "Ella, Edward and Bella!"

"Oh," I said stupidly, before sitting down next to her, and Edward sitting next to me. Esme walked up to us and placed our plates in front of us before taking her seat at the head of the table. Carlisle was on the other one.

We are in silence for the most part. I was hungry, but I didn't want to eat. I poked at my food gingerly, watching the syrup ooze out of the bread.

"Bella, what's wrong?" Edward murmured.

"Nothing, I'm just not hungry," I replied.

It wasn't a complete lie. Nothing was wrong. I just didn't want to eat. I had a big dinner last night, and I felt a bit nauseous. I knew it was the nerves from being back here after four years, but Alice and Emmett were eating no problem.

Maybe I am just crazy? That'd explain a lot.  I continued poking at my food and soon enough everyone had left besides Edward. His plate was empty, he was just watching me toy with my food.

Eventually, the silence was broken.

"Seriously, Bella, what are you doing?" he asked.

"I'm not feeling too well," I said, throwing my chair back and flinging myself up the stairs to my bedroom.