Chapter 1

Another day in school for me. Today is Friday, and Fridays will always be better than Sundays because Sundays are my suicide days. Sorry, I had to. Allow me to properly introduce myself. My name is Nicole Nicholas, I'm 12 years old, and I had cancer 11 years ago. It was retinoblastoma, a cancer of the eye. It caused me to loose my left eye when I was one and a half. I now have a prosthetic, or fake, eye, but I'll get into that later. I have almost perfect grades, my academic average falling less then 1 point under 100%, but I have no intention of going to college. Music is my passion. I write sucky songs that no one will ever hear. I can play guitar, I'm learning to play electric bass, and I can play a few chords on the ukulele. I also tend to obsess over bands. I'll give a short list of some bands I like here. Fall Out Boy, My Chemical Romance, Panic! at the Disco, twenty øne piløts, Pierce the Veil, Bring Me the Horizon, Paramore, Green Day, Blink-182, Metallica, and a lot more.

Right now, I'm sitting in my spot at the back of my last period, Social Studies. The bell rings and we all rush to homeroom. Everyone is talking about their plans for the weekend, and I'm just sitting here like, yay silence again. I quickly packed up my stuff and ran out to the bus. I turned my phone on to find that I have a new text from my mother.

Mom: I'll pick you and Nathan up at the bus stop today

I forgot to mention, I have a brother a year and a half younger than me, and that would be Nathan. My mother never picks us up from the bus stop since it's only 2 blocks from the house. The bus pulled up at my stop and I got off, my brother following. I got into the passenger seat of my mother's car, and my brother got into the back.

"How was school," my mother asked. I'm really confused now. My parents couldn't care less about how my day was.

"It was awful! This kid in my class wouldn't stop laughing-," my brother started another one of his whiny rants. I really didn't care, so I put in my earbuds and hit shuffle in the music app. Migraine by twenty one pilots came on.

Am I the only one I know waging my wars behind my face and above my throat? Shadows will scream that I'm alone.

I-I-I I've got a migraine. And my pain will range from up, down, and sideways.Thank God it's Friday cause Fridays will always be better than Sundays 'Cause Sundays are my suicide days

I don't know why they always seem so dismal. Thunderstorms, clouds, snow and a slight drizzle. Whether it's the weather or the letters by my bed sometimes death seems better than the migraine in my head. Let it be said what the headache represents it's me defending in suspense it's me suspended in a defenseless test being tested by a ruthless examiner that's represented best by my depressing thoughts. I do not have writer's block my writer just hates the clock.
It will not let me sl-

The song was interrupted by someone ripping out my earbuds.

"Could you listen to me for a minute you ungrateful bitch!" Why couldn't she just tap me on the shoulder or something. I sighed.

"What," I asked.

"Don't give me attitude young lady," my mother warned. I wasn't! But if I say that, I'll get into more trouble.

"Sorry, what did you need," I asked a lot more politely.

"That's better. Anyway, you know how Livie's mom volunteers for Make-A-Wish?" My friend Olivia's mother volunteers for a company that grants wishes for kids who have/had live-threatening diseases. She first got into it when her son became ill. He's better now, but she still volunteers for the company. I nodded.

"Well, she put in a request to see if anything could be done for you even though yours was over a decade ago," okay wow, "and they said they'd grant a wish for you." We pulled into the driveway and I got out.