Chapter Twelve

Sup? Sorry it took me a long time to update. Anyways new chapter :)

-

Waking up to a soft vanilla scent encouraged Camila to open her eyes, her heartbeat increasing at the heartwarming sight of Lauren, sleeping deeply, just a couple of inches away from her. With the sight of the sleeping beauty and the darkened skin around the girl's eye, the memories of last night were brought back to the young princess. She released a sigh, wishing she could keep watching the raven haired girl sleeping peacefully. If she knew that the quiet moment would be disturbed a second later by the pub owner, bursting into the room without knocking, she'd cherish the moment much more deeply. The expression on the pub owner's face was priceless as he acknowledged the two girls wrapped up in each other's arms in bed. Camila blushed slightly as she realized how confusing that might have been to the old man, seeing the future queen of France with her arms tightly around a poor peasant in bed. She sat up in alarm. "Yes?"

The old man shook his head slightly, being pulled out of his confusion by the young princess' voice. "I'm sorry, your grace, but I needed to warn you. I can see a few guards on their way here. Royal guards, from court." The man mumbled, avoiding eye contact with the flushed princess.

At the man's words, Camila felt Lauren stir up beside her, opening her eyes, wearing a very confused and tired expression on her features. "Lauren, get up, we must leave now." The small brunette told the other girl, panic obvious in her tone, which managed to make Lauren stand up instantly, losing her balance at the sudden action after a deep night sleep. "Thank you." Camila mumbled, locking her eyes with the pub owner.

"Come on, Lauren." She hurried the green eyed, grabbing her hand and turning to walk out of the room they spent the night in.

"Wait, your grace," The pub owner exclaimed, dropping his gaze to the expensive dress that covered the young princess' body and gave the girl's identity away easily. "You can't go around the village with that dress." The man said. "I think my daughter left one of her own dresses, here. I could give it to you."

Camila's eyes widened slightly
at the man's words. On a regular day, she'd decline the generous offer. But this wasn't a regular day. And walking around the village with her own dress put her and Lauren in danger, and the last thing she needed to happen was to get caught. "Give it to me, please."

---

Camila and Lauren hurried to leave the pub after the young princess changed her dress, putting on a dress that was very similar to the one Lauren gave her, the night they met. With muffled, grateful words, and after they traded Camila's expensive dress with a good amount of coins, the pub owner promised that he won't let anyone know of last night's events. Camila and Lauren left the pub, at last.

After a short while of walking silently, Camila suddenly felt the two emerald orbs watching her closely. "Why are you staring at me?" She asked hesitantly, raising her head to meet the eyes of the quiet girl who walked beside her.

"You look like a normal, poor peasant from the village." Lauren answered simply, letting her eyed fall down the princess' body, observing the frayed dress and the girl's messy brown locks that framed her face.

"Well, that is good, under the current circumstances, isn't it?" The slightly confused princess mumbled. She could see that something was troubling the raven haired girl, which managed to worry her.

"It just made me think. What if you really were just a girl from the village? No real commitment to a whole country. No arranged marriage to the king of Scotland. No running away. I was thinking, if we could've been together, then. Without people chasing us, or kidnapping me." Lauren answered quietly, revealing her thoughts for the first time ever since they escaped the castle.