Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Detention....

I made my way to detention, which was in the biology room today. When I walked in I took a seat in the very back of the room, and pulled out my homework. Not long after, I heard the door open and close.

"You're in my seat" said a tall and very attractive boy.

"And... I care because..?" I said sarcastically waiting for an answer.

"Because..." He said hesitantly. "I don't even know, can you just move, please. "He said as politely as possible.

"Well since you asked nicely... NO! But you can sit behind me if you'd like."

He hesitantly moved to the seat behind me and moved it up by my side.

"What are you doing?" I asked him.

"Sitting next to you." He said placing his large hand on my thigh.

"Okay, well if you're sitting next to me, no touching." I whispered sliding his hand off my thigh.

Just as I did so, the teacher assisting the detention duty walked in.

"Okay, since you guys I'm sure, are unprepared and have nothing to do...I'm assigning a project that's due next Monday."

He paused. "Your assignment is to write a short story, about what you have learned this week in biology."

There was moaning and groaning coming from all around the room.

"Your partner is the person sitting next to you whether it's to your left or to the right, make sure it's turned in on this desk next Monday after school."

I didn't realize who my partner was until the mystery boy tapped my shoulder. "I just realized I never told you my name its Sammy, Sammy Wilkinson." He smiled shyly.

"Okay can I follow you to your house to work on our project or...?" I paused waiting for an answer.

"Um... yeah I guess but my car is at the shop so can I have a ride?" He asked. "Yeah, sure." As I said the last word we were released from detention.

We walked down stairs, out the school doors and hopped in my car. Sam put his bag in the back and got in the passenger seat. And we began driving to his house. With little noise coming from either of us except for the occasional rights and lefts from Sammy.

"This is it."Sammy said excitedly.

I just sat in shock looking at this 3 story house and perfectly manicured lawn in front of me. He got out of the car as I debated whether I should get out or not.

"Selena you coming?" Sammy asked.

"Uh, yeah I'm coming." I managed to say.

I hesitantly made my way to the door trailing behind Sam a little. When he opened the door he took off his shoes and carried them up to his room. I slowly walked in behind him.

"Don't forget to take off your shoes!" He yelled down the stairs.

I mumbled a quick okay and made my way upstairs. I walked in to the room with the sign that said "Sam's Room" assuming it was his. The walls were a navy blue and he had all sorts of sports memorabilia and many Bob Marley and 2Pac posters surrounding his king size bed.

"So... let's start by making a list of things we learned this week and then go from there." He said.

I nodded as he grabbed his laptop from the desk and carried it to his bed. He plopped onto his bed while I just stood there awkwardly not knowing where to sit. He just looked over and smirked at me

. "You can come sit next to me if you want." He said patting the spot next to him on the bed.

"You'd like that wouldn't you?" I giggled a bit. He just chuckled and said "Suit yourself." Walking over and picking me up off the ground, carrying me over to the bed and setting me down.

He hovered over me and looked into my eyes. Just as he was about to lean in his door swung open.

"Sam- oh sorry honey I didn't realize you had company, I will just talk to you when she leaves. And here you need to use protection; we don't need you getting her pregnant." Mrs. Wilkinson said throwing him a condom.

I blushed insanely probably looking like a tomato. He just scratched the back of his neck and chuckled. There was an awkward silence before I finally decided I should get home.

"Hey Sam," I spoke up.

"I think I should get going but we can work on this again tomorrow, okay?" I looked up at him.

"Oh yeah, okay let me walk you out." He said as he stood up and opened his bedroom door.

We walked down the stairs and I said bye to Mrs. Wilkinson as we walked outside together he closed the door a little behind him and kissed my cheek. "Bye Selena." He said as I walked to my car.

"Bye Sam." I waved and backed out of the driveway and made my way home.