two;; dazzle

you got diamonds in your eyes tonight
throwing fire, trying to make it right
you're getting higher than the ceiling lights
and falling hard enough to lose the fight

xx

I almost fell off the couch when the doorbell rang. Was it the cops? I groaned and took up one of my firearms, walking up to the doorway and glaring out of the peephole. It turned out to be a guy with a load of metal contraptions behind him. Oh. I already forgot I'd purchased things off the net. Sweeping my hair away from my face, I yanked the door open.

An instant smirk flitted across his face for a second. "Scarlet Overkill?" he questioned, flicking a receipt across my face. Gritting my teeth slightly, I nodded. If he said something discriminational, I would make sure he regretted it. He didn't though. He handed a very heavy box to me and smiled sincerely now. "I'm Herb. Thanks for getting stuff from me. Business's been hard lately and well, at least now I can pay the rent." he chuckled dryly. He looked up from the sidewalk and I was once again taken aback by how warm his eyes were. "You're... welcome?" I replied uncertainly, hand on the door. Dipping his head, he wrung his hands together. "Maybe I'll see you again soon, Scarlet." he said wryly. Without another word he walked toward the flying contraption he came in and within moments it flew away.

That was weird. I snatched up the receipt and realized his phone number ( I assumed it was ) was scribbled across the back of it. Typical. Shutting the door, I practically launched myself onto the couch and yawned. Now I can get some shut eye. It didn't really help that Herb's face was seemingly glued on the back of my eyelids. Groaning, I buried my head into the cushions and promptly fell asleep.

xx

I slapped myself to get myself to stop daydreaming. I really, really wished Herb hadn't come personally, but a part of me was secretly glad. Admittedly, the guns and explosives from him actually worked wonders for me, and now my collection of valuables was increasing. My name was now known more commonly among the community. Sighing, I pulled out the receipt from him and punched in the numbers into my phone and called him for the first time.

"Who is this?"

"It's Scarlet."

"Oh, uh, hey! What is it?"

"Thank you."

xx

okayyy so this was like the shortest part yet and i'm sorry about that! i just really wanted the chapter to end like this. c: forgive me. thanks for reading and i hope you liked this!

- ashen x