three;; turning page

if i had only felt the
warmth within your touch
if i had only seen
how you smile when you blush
or how you curl your lip
when you concentrate enough
well i would have known
what i was living for all along
what i've been living for

xx

It had been two weeks since I'd first called Herb and since then I have talked to him over the phone and in person quite a large amount of times. He was now the one who creates all my weapons and honestly, I couldn't be more glad. He actually voluntarily took the job but still I refused to not pay him. He was struggling economically and probably with family too and I could see that - anyone who looked in his eyes hard enough could see the hollowness in their depths. Apparently he'd a harsh past and was brought up in an orphanage. He was bullied there and that hurt me because I wasn't there for him. I mean, if I was there, we could've kicked ass.

This was what I was thinking about when I flipped through the prominent villain magazine, smirking triumphantly when I saw myself on a page. True, I might be at the end of the magazine and 80% of the villains couldn't care less about Scarlet Overkill, but I'll make it to the top, with the help of Herb. One day, thousands of villains will be fighting for the position of my henchmen. It will happen. I will get the crown. Scarlet Overkill will become the most powerful and well known supervillainess of all time! Cackling, I threw the magazine halfway across the room, and pulled out the file of papers at the corner of my desk. Time to plan my next robbery - I was going to steal an emerald that was probably worth thousands. Frankly, I felt a certain affinity for trinkets that were green or red. Mostly red.

Time to get to work.

xx

"What do you think?"

Pushing a button so that the seemingly harmless dress returned to its original state, the metal sliding over each other, his hopeful eyes twinkled back at me and I couldn't help but smile. He was an absolute genius and if he wasn't working for me I would probably be jealous of his talent.

"That, was one of the most amazing things I've seen. You're amazing." I grinned, attacking him with a hug. He wasn't expecting it and I felt him stiffen for a millisecond then he hugged me back. It was funny how different I was in public, actually. To the crowds, I was a heartless villain who cared about nothing than money and fame. That was partly true but hey, I have a heart.

When I pulled back he smiled bashfully and ducked his head slightly. "As amazing as I may be, I don't even come close compared to you." He plopped back onto the red armchair in my living room, using the modifications that he'd added to lower the back of the chair.

"Don't say that. Seriously." I responded. I truly appreciated his work. Perching on the armrest of the chair, I pulled my legs up and leaned lightly against him. He didn't answer me this time and when I looked down at Herb he swallowed dryly. "Okay."

For some reason my heart sped up in my chest when his eyes met mine again. The dark tones of his gaze drowned me in their depths and I sighed, turning away when I felt his hand slide into my own. Relaxing against his touch, we just sat like that for a long time.

xx

wow trashy filler chapter!! i hope you still kind of enjoyed it ??? thanks for reading anyway and i 100% appreciate your votes! hopefully next chapter will have better content ahaha

- ashen x