0.6

August 2, 2015

Southern Iceland
6:03 am; dream time

The land was completely bare and held no signs of human life for miles. Despite its desolate appearance, it was beautiful and unique looking with mysterious rock formations, glaciers, and the beginnings of a pale but breathtaking sunrise brought light to the endless sky. Still, there was a sort of cold loneliness, one that Martijn could relate very well to. It had only been a couple weeks since he'd last seen Grace, but it felt like a lifetime. Being without her for so long made him sick with profound longing.

Everything reminded him of her. Even this sunrise brought thoughts of Grace - she would've loved watching it. Sunrise was her favorite part of the day. Fuck, he missed her so much it hurt. He hadn't spent more than a night away from her in almost twelve years.

A soft breeze started blow around him, and he could her her soft, angelic laugh in it, taunting him. Why was this happening to him? Why couldn't he see her? He began to cry out for her in desperation. "Grace! Grace! Grace!" but all he heard in response was his own voice, echoing off the rocks. He fell on the ground in desperation, and the wind caressed his body, almost as if it were her, telling him to calm down.

       "Grace, please," he whispered in a crumpled, pathetic heap on the ground. "I need you."

+x

Amstelveen, Netherlands
9:33 am; real time

   Martijn woke up in his apartment to a blinding amount of sunlight coming from his bedroom window and the smell of sizzling bacon coming from the kitchen. He got up from his bed, changed into a suitable outfit, and shuffled to the table, where his sister, Laura, was cooking breakfast.

     "Hallo, Martijn," she said in Dutch. ('hello, Martijn')

     "Goedemorgen, Laura," he said with a slight yawn ('good morning, Laura'), "did you make me something?"

     "Maybe," she said with a smirk and a laugh.

   They both sat down to eat and chatted idly about life. Martijn hadn't had much time to hang with his sister so he invited her to stay in the spare room of his apartment for a few days before he left to go to Las Vegas for another show at Omnia.

"So what are you doing today, big brother?" Laura asked, wiping her eyes and stretching in her seat.

"Probably work on some tracks, then get together with some of my friends later," he said with a lighthearted smile. He loved coming back home to visit his friends and family. Sure, he loved traveling and going to festivals, that's one of the main reasons he became a DJ, but he often missed home and it was nice to just come back and do something a normal nineteen year-old would do. Like hanging out with his favorite sister in the world.

"I missed you," he said, giving her a small nudge in the shoulder. "I missed you too, Martijn," she said with a giggle.

+x

9:36pm; real time

Later that evening, after working on a few tracks for the album, Martijn grabbed his things and headed out to a bar to meet some of his childhood friends. There were some girls in tight dresses that kept glancing at him, and one of them, a short and curvy brunette, came up to him and asked, "Aren't you Martin Garrix?" she was an American girl, probably 19 or 20. Martin nodded with a small smile. "Yeah, are you a fan?" he asked. He loved meeting his fans out on the town. They really meant the world to him.

"You're really hot," she said, failing to answer his question. He noticed she was a little tipsy, typical underage American coming to Europe and getting legally intoxicated for the first time.

"Let's daaance," she said with a giggle, her small arm groping his body feverishly.

"Uhmm no, I'm fine," he said, slightly uncomfortable. She had a nice body, but Martijn wasn't interested in a drunken one-night stand. All he wanted was to see the girl he had been madly in love with since he was seventeen. But he couldn't see her, and that angered him.

Frustrated, he shook the girl off and walked right out of the bar, ignoring the calls of his friends and the shocked expression on the American girl's face at being rejected. He continued walking through the Red Light District before calling himself an Uber back to the apartment.

All he wanted was to see his lovely and beautiful Grace.

Author's Note~

Meh, this was kind of filler chapter but at least I'm cured of my writer's block. Thanks for over 800 reads, I literally love you all. :):)<3