1.5 The Endless Summer Of Love (Two Years Later)

5 - Two Years Later

The bar was dark and quiet. Eureko was hiding in the shadows, ready to strike. Everyone was waiting for him and he would give them something for their money. They wouldn't know what hit them. This was his night - his great opportunity.

The spotlight came on as the song began to play and he jumped out, ready for his great performance. The whistles and claps of the crowd greeted him as he slowly let the words role of his tongue.

"Listen baby..." He smiled at the cheering faces. "Ain't no mountain high, ain't no valley low, ain't no river wide enough baby..."

He spun around as Aurora joined in and they all went ballistic. The whistles got louder, the mood heating up and by the time they reached the chorus, the place was boiling. When they finished the song in a joint 'ain't no mountain high enough', no one was still sitting but had joined them on the dance floor.

Laughing, Eureko slumped down on the barstool. The show had been a full success. Aurora placed a beer in front of him. "You were wonderful, honey."

He blushed slightly as his eyes were fixed on her cleavage. She was a terrific woman and she was all his.

Thomas walked up behind him and slapped him on the back. "I have to say, not killing you was the best decision I've ever made. Boy, that was a great show."

Aurora pulled Eureko by his tie halfway across the bar to plant a kiss on his lips. "And you will be rewarded tonight with an even better performance."

Eureko cupped his hands behind his head with a smug expression when he noticed the envious stares around him.

'How did he do it?' those eyes all asked. 'How did he ever get Aurora in the sack?'

It was his secret - one of the stories he never told and never will.

He looked around the bar - his bar. Before they destroyed the ship, he convinced Thomas to search it and the soldiers found some great treasures. A deck of playing cards was stacked up on the bar and made for some great poker nights - the aces were all missing but that had never damped the fun.

They also discovered a digital camera in one of the officer quarters which had pictures of a rather risqué photo shoot - the captain's wife was modelling very flimsy underwear - and those photos were often viewed by eager couples before getting comfortable in a corner. Aurora's personal prize possession, other than Eureko, was a long expired and unclaimed Google Play gift card - she had no clue what the card was used for but found it looked rather cool with the colored triangle.

Thomas lit a joint and offered it to Eureko but he declined. Beer was one thing but cigarettes were an entirely different matter. The high made him sick to his stomach and the foul taste in his mouth was disgusting.

The patrons of the bar were all engaged in free spirited love by the time Eureko and Aurora closed up shop and tucked in for the night. She was sitting upright on top of him, slowly opening the buttons of his rainbow colored shirt.

"So what do you think they would do if they found out you were actually a girl."

Eureko chuckled. "Not sure how far tolerance goes these days. Plus I am technically not a girl either."

"I know." She trailed little kisses along his collarbone. "You are gender neutral, like a frog. But not having genitals definitely helps in my books."

"Oh, yeah. Who would have known you only love me for my lack of genitals?" He rolled her on her back, gazing down at her. It had been love at first sight and she had alleviated his reservations about human sex on the first night after nursing his bruises from the crash. A cage was never necessary to keep him around afterwards and he enjoyed telling his futuristic stories to the gang. They all thought he had a vivid imagination and could never be convinced that any of it was real.

"Confess, I was just a research project for you," she pouted.

He traced her lips with his thumb, she had no idea that she had conquered his heart with her first kiss. "Have I told you today how much I love you?"

"I don't need you to tell me, I need you to show me." She giggled when she started on his pants.

There he was, happy as a clam, fully captured by the Summer of Love. Who needed that shit out there - work for a living, stress, struggle - when he could live here on this forgotten island, trapped in time. It was magic and he had long learned not to look a gift horse in the mouth.

He just finished undressing Aurora when a knock on the door interrupted him.

"Excuse me, sir, the colonel sent me up here to fetch you. We have visitors."

Eureko groaned, not again. That was the third ship they sent in these past two years, they must be getting desperate.

"Just kill them all." His words were muffled by Aurora's kiss.

The Summer of Love was not going to end tonight - oh no, not on his watch. It was just too much fun. As far as he was concerned, this way of life could go on forever.