Chapter 27

|Taylor Hale|

-
-
"Chimeras." Sheriff mumbled.

"Two dead chimeras." Malia said.

"And eight new ones." I added on.

"So, ten in all."

"I'm thinking eleven," Sheriff pinned up a picture of Donovan, "Our station tech guys confirmed something for me. They said both the holding cell lock and the cameras could've malfunctioned because of something electromagnetic. You said that these guys,"

"Dread doctors." Malia interrupted.

"Are we really calling them that?" Sheriff asked.

I nodded, "So, they broke Donovan out."

"That's how they got into Eichen, isn't it?"

"Donovan's a chimera but is he a failure like Lucas and Tracy?" Malia asked.

I shrugged, "If he is, he's probably dead."

"Not until I've seen a body... You're uncharacteristically quiet." Sheriff said to Stiles, who was being oddly quiet.

Stiles cleared his throat, "Sorry, I'm just trying to think about it. These are all teenagers, right? Shouldn't we be trying to figure out why these teenagers? If the dread doctors will through all that- burying them, killing them, breaking one out of jail,"

"They couldn't of been chosen at random," I realized, "They have to have something in common."

"Something that made them right. Right for the experiment."

"Something that made them special." Stiles mumbled.

-
-
-

"My mom's book club usually has more wine." Lydia joked.

"They probably didn't read books that cause violent hallucinations." Stiles said sarcastically.

"That's why Taylor and Malia are here."  I smiled at the mention of my name.

"So none of us go running into traffic." Kira finished Scott's sentence.

"Or worst." Stiles corrected.

"Like what happened to Judy... Chapter 14." Malia said.

"Maybe I should have my mother read it. She might remember a girl with a tail leaping from the ceiling and attacking everyone."

"If it works." Stiles replied.

"It has to."

"What does that mean?" I asked.

"I think I saw them during my surgery. When I looked at the cover of the book, it's almost like,"

"A memory trying to surface."  Theo said, making all of us look at him.

"Yeah. If they did something to me, I want to know what it is."

-
-

I was pouring more coffee for the pack when I noticed Stiles massaging his shoulder.

"What did you do to your shoulder?" I asked.

[remember that Taylor wasn't there when Donovan's hand-mouth bit Stiles on his shoulder]

Stiles furrowed his eyebrows, "What are you talking about?"

"I can smell blood. What happened?"

"Jeep died on me again. Had to check the engine. Hood fell on it."

His heartbeat was steady but I didn't believe him.

"How much do you remember anyway with the fire? Did it play like a movie in your head or was it like being completely in it again?" Stiles asked.

"In it."

"Just the fire, nothing else?"

I shook my head, "No, nothing else happened."

-
-

I watched as Theo took off his shirt and began working out. My eyes trailed down to his abs. Stop it, Taylor. You have Stiles.

"Why haven't you said anything?" I asked after a few seconds.

"About what?" Theo asked innocently.

"The rest of my memory. The desert wolf. Why didn't you tell Scott?"

He shrugged, "Didn't think you wanted me to."

"I don't. Don't you want to know why?"

"Not really."

I held the machine, preventing him from working out.

"You think you're doing me a favor? Like I owe you now?" I asked angrily.

"I don't need any favors."

"Then what do you want?"

"I want in the pack."

I shrugged, "That's not up to me."

"If you wanna tell Scott what you saw, I'll tell him. If you got something else in mind, I'm okay with that too."

I let go of the machine and walked out.

-
-
-

"You guys try to find Stiles and Lydia. I'm gonna find my mom." Scott said before we all split up. Theo was with me and Malia with Scott.

I heard a scream coming from the roof and we ran to the nearest elevator. By the time we got there, Stiles was being attacked by yet another chimera. I shoved the chimera off of Stiles and into Theo, who began to fight him.

"Are you okay?"

Stiles nodded and turned back to watch the fight. I flinched when Theo ripped out his throat.

"Stiles, Taylor, you can't say anything. Please. Don't say anything." Theo begged.

"Why not?" Stiles asked.

"Because I never said anything about either of your secrets."

--------------------

NOT EDITED & KINDA SHORT SORRY ❤️