Ch 4

PIC of Anthony

Chapter 4

Beth...

When we were done eating our breakfast we all got up and went into a private living room we all sat down and Dillon was about to speak, but I spoke up right away.

"Look everyone first I want to apologize for the way I acted towards all of you. it wasn't right and I'm sorry for that," I look at every one.

That is when I looked into his eyes and you can tell he has been crying there was also sadness in them as well.

"May I speak with you privately?" I asked him.

I look at everyone then I looked at Dillon, "We will be right back."

I can see Mr. Lee was nervous about our talk. We both walk out the front door everyone was staring at us I can see they were saying something, but I couldn't hear what they were saying.

"I'm sorry for being rude to you yesterday, that is not who I am, but I'm very hurt because of how you left my mom so you understand how I have to defend her, don't you?" I claimed to Mr. Lee.

"Yes and I am so sorry Elizabeth," he said sadly.

"Why did you leave her?" I asked.

"I was only 17 yrs old your mom thought I was 18 and I ended up running away from home. During that time I had problems with my parents and I was not planning to end up falling in love with your mom, but it did happen. I never thought she would get pregnant either. If I had put a return address and found out that she was pregnant then I would have worked something out." He said nervously.

"What do you mean you didn't know if she could get pregnant you both were living together you knew there was a chance for that to happen right and what do you mean you would have worked something out?" I was upset now.

"Look there is a lot more to this story and I want Dillon to tell you this because this has to do with all of us. I know you don't understand, but once he explains everything then you will understand why I did what I did." Mr. Lee claimed.

"Fine, look I can't apologize for calling you DNA that is how I know you, I never had a father, and to find out that I have brothers and a sister who had their father when they grew up, how did you expect me not to say what I said to you." I was still upset, but more hurt.

"I know and I am so sorry that I was not there watching you grow up to be a beautiful Doctor. I know I can't make up for the past, but I would like to start today if you would let me?" He said with a small smile.

I blush, he called me a beautiful doctor, I don't hate this man because I don't know him, I just know him by hurting my mom and it wasn't fair for her.

"You blush like your mother and you look like her well except for the color of your hair and eyes, you must get that from your DNA."

Then we both started laughing.