...10...

Disclaimer: I own nothing except the plot.

Fang POV

I heard the click of the door behind me. Slipping my leather jacket on, I walked down the stairs to the parking lot. The night air was cold and I could see my breath as I exhaled. My skin tingled as if something wasn't right. When my foot hit the concrete the smell of secondhand smoke found its way to my nose. I turned around and my fists clenched at my sides. The fist thought that came to my mind was Max is okay.

Max POV

I couldn't shake the feeling of something being off. Apparently my friends noticed because they all looked at me and halted their conversations.

"Max, what's wrong?" Angel asked. Worry showed on her face.

"I'm not sure but something is wrong. I can feel it." I said furrowing my eyebrows.

"I'm sure everything is fine. You probably just ate something bad or you're getting sick." Iggy suggested.

"Yeah, you're probably right." I told him and put a fake smile on. We resumed our conversation but the feeling lingered in the back of my head and I knew it had something to do with Fang.

Fang POV

My palms started to sweat and my breathing picked up just a fraction. He noticed.

"I see you remember me, Nick." His sickly sweet voice said with a hint of amusement.

"What do you want?" I said through clenched teeth, the anger boiling inside me waiting for the perfect time to bubble over the edge.

"You really want to know why I'm here? I'm here to take back what's mine. Stop dating Max or you won't live to see tomorrow." He spat.

"Max isn't a trophy. She can decide who she wants to date. I don't care what you do to me. I'll still be with Max and you won't get any say in it."

His piercing green eyes flashed with rage and he lunged at me. His chestnut colored hair was the last thing I saw before I was on the ground. He punched my stomach while I doubled over in pain. I pushed him off of me and made it to my hands and knees. I tried to catch my breath while he got up next to me. I got up on my feet and into a fighting stance.

"You don't have to do this, Sam." I said.

"Yes I do." He said and threw the first punch. I dodged it and took a step to the right. I bounced on my toes anticipating his next attempt. His arm swung at my side and I jumped back, his fist missing by an inch. I aimed at his stomach and landed a blow to right above his kidney. The air whooshed out of him and I laced my fingers together ready to land a blow on his back to put him to his knees. My knot of hands came down hard on his upper back and he fell to his knees.

Before I had time to think he had wrapped his arms around my knees and I was on my back. The air was forced out of me with an oof! He got to his feet and kicked me in the stomach. He tried to kick me again but I grabbed his foot and yanked upward. He fell to the ground. I got up quickly and turned to face him. He was staggering to his feet. Something shiny glinted in the moonlight, but I couldn't make out what it was. His back was to me. I realized what the shiny thing was as he quickly turned around and I felt a sharp pain in my side.

"AHHH!" The scream being robbed from me by sheer pain, I fell to my knees. Sam grinned wickedly at my recoil.

"I told you, you wouldn't live to see tomorrow." He said and turned t run away.

I lied there on the ground. I heard the thumping of footsteps running toward me and the word "SHIT!" as I blacked out.

Max POV