...3...

Fang POV

I walked back to Max's dorm with her. The spots on my arm that had touched her, still tingled. When that guy had talked to Max like that, I felt extremely angry. What is going on with me? Why do I feel so protective over Max? I walked behind her a little. She had on a gray Gorillaz T-shirt and a black skirt. The skirt puzzled me because she didn't strike me as the skirt wearing type. I knew I was just stalling from asking her what happened back there.

"Are you gonna tell me what happened back there?" I finally asked.

"Oh, right." she said looking down. "I was at an amusement park earlier and he tried to hit on me, but he was a total ass, so I kneed him in the balls." I chuckled slightly. She smiled and looked up at me.

"And what were you up to on this fine evening?" she asked jokingly.

"I was actually headed to your dorm to see Lissa." I said.

"Ah, I see. You'll be lucky if she's even there. She almost never is." I nodded.

Sure enough, Lissa wasn't there. Max unlocked the door and let me in. I sat on the couch and she walked to her room. When she came out she was wearing sweats.

"I meant to ask you, what was with the skirt? You didn't strike me as the type of girl to where skirts." I said when she sat down.

"My friends 'renovated' my wardrobe 'cause they thought it wasnt girly enough. I went to the amusement park and I knew if I didn't wear a skirt they would yell at me." she explained, putting quotations around renovated. I nodded.

"Want to watch a movie while waiting?" she asked a few minutes later.

"Sure," I answered.

"Uh, you might want to make the popcorn. I'm a horrible cook." she said with a nervous smile.

"Okay," I said getting off the couch.

"It's in the cabinet above the fridge."

Max POV

I watched Fang walk into the kitchen. I picked out some DVDs to choose from.

"Transformers, Harry Potter, or Grown Ups?!" I called to Fang.

"Transformers!" he called back.

I popped the DVD in the TV as he walked in with the popcorn. He plopped down next to me on the couch with the popcorn between us. I found myself wishing the popcorn wasn't there, separating us. What is wrong with me?

About 3/4 of the way into the movie I started to shiver. I tried to cover it up as best I could. I felt something warm drape around my shoulders. Fang had gotten up silently and grabbed a blanket for me.

"Thanks," I said.

"Your welcome," he said looking into my eyes.

I noticed how close were and backed up a little, returning my attention to the movie. Lissa's heels clacked in the hallway outside our door.

"Well, I'll just leave you two." I said standing up.

"Thanks, Max." he said.

"For what?"

"Hanging out with me." he smiled at me, and it took my breath away. I smiled back and walked to my room. I could feel

my cheeks growing red.

* * *

When I woke up it was 10. I didn't have plans with the gang so I decided to go for a run. I pulled on a black tank top and some black athletic shorts.