Chapter 3

Jccaylen

Maddie seems different. I just have this feeling like she's different but in a good way. Her light brown hair flowing everywhere as she picks up the speed. She was so focused driving that she didn't catch me drooling over her. Her eyes lit a bright blue when a light shined on them.

Arriving at the beach bonfire Maddie had stayed by my side. Like she was afriad to get lost in the crowd. We sang a long to a few songs getting lost in the music. Kian and Linda had disappeared somewhere in the crowd and JJ was getting us some drinks.

"Maddie baby, I missed you?" A guy said, as he touched Maddie's face. Her eyes widen I saw her face fall into confusion.

"Get away from me." She said, smacking his hand away.

"Baby, come on don't be hard to get." The guy said, as his hands ran down her back.

"No!" She shouted.

"Stop being a bitch and lets go!" The guy yelled.

"Dude, you don't fucking talk to a girl like that." I said, as I got in between them.

"What are you going to do about it?" He said, as he pushed me. Pulling my arm back about to swing I felt a hand in mine.

"Jc come on! He's not worth it!" Maddie said, as she grabbed my arm pulling me back. Looking back at Maddie. I saw fear in her eyes. In the corner of my eyes I saw Kian and Linda make their way to us.

"Maddie, I just saw what happened. Are you okay?" Linda said, as she hugged Maddie. That fear Maddie had was the exact one Linda had in her eyes.

"Yeah, I'm okay. I just need to get out of here." Maddie said, as she started to turn pale.

"Something tells me they had history." Kian said, as he stood closer to me.

"And not a good one." JJ said, as he handed us water bottles. We watched how Linda and Maddie conversated for a few minutes. Linda was getting mad and Maddie looked like she was so close to tears.

Maddie Kempf

Getting over my past was so hard and I was finally to a point where I was okay. I had gotten my life back together. Just ready to start all over again. Now all the memories resurfed and I can't pushed them away.

"I took a video of what just happened!" Linda said.

"And he'll get away with it again." I said, making eye contact with Jc. He stood a few feet away with the guys standing beside him.

"THAT BASTARD DESEREVES IT! FOR LAYING A FUCKING HAND ON YOU!" Linda yelled.

"What's going on?" Jc asked, as they walked closer.

"I just need to be alone." I said, as I walked up to my Jeep and climbed in. Looking out the window I watched how Linda told them. Now the boys I watch on the internet know. It's for the best that they know. So they can keep their distance from me. No longer than ten minutes we were at the police station talking to the detective that was on my case.

"Okay, thank you for cooperating with us." Detective Mills said, as she talked to Jc.

"No problem." Jc said, as he looked my way. After giving our statements, we drove home. Jc was sticking along with us and Kian and JJ went home.

"You can sleep on the sofa." Linda said, as I went straight to my room. How can I trust any guy? How do I know they're not like Nate? Millions of questions storming through my mind. I laid in bed watching the ceiling as the thoughts creeped in.