Chapter 6

Maddie Kempf

It's been a couple months since vidcon. It's actualy December now. I've been in contact with Jc since vidcon but we haven't seen each other in person. You'd think that just because he knows where I live and where I work he'd stop by. Well he's actually been busy and the bakery has been busy 24/7.

"Maddie! It's our day off! Let's go to the Christmas party!" Linda said, jumping on me.

"You're actually going to that party?" I asked, as I looked at her.

"Yeah, come on. Jc and Kian are throwing it." She said.

"He invited me and I said I wasn't going."

"Well now you have to go! He's not expecting you to show up, but when he see's you he's gonna fall for you even more." Linda said, as she pulled me off the couch.

"Just because he told me he liked me doesn't me he's falling for me." I said, as she pushed me into my room. I sat at the edge of my bed as she applied some makeup on my face. After changing out of my pajamas and dressing into jeans and a tank top with a knitted sweater I slid my white vans on.

"I'm only going because there's food." I said, as we got into the uber. It wasn't a long drive but it took awhile to get to the house. Kian had let us in and it was barely nine so only a few people had arrived.

"He's in the kitchen." Kian said, as he pointed towards the kitchen. I made my way to the kitchen to see Jc sitting on the counter eating some chips.

"Hi." I said, approaching him. He wiped his hands and got on his feet.

"Hey, I thought you weren't coming?"

"Surprise." I said, as he wrapped his arms around me. You know when you hug somebody and you just don't want to let go, well that's us at the moment.

"I got you something." I said, handing him the Christmas bag I was holding.

"We said no gifts. Come on I have one for you too. It's in my room." Jc said, as he looked down at me. Is it actually a gift or is he going to give me something else? His room's so cozy, I can picture myself on his bed next to him.

Jccaylen

Maddie had surprised me by coming to my Christmas party I was throwing. We sat on my bed as I handed her my present I got her. I reached into the Christmas bag to pull out black Nike joggers with a matching jumper.

"Thank you, but you should uh-definitely open yours now." I said, as I chuckled.

"Wait don't tell me- We did." She said, as she took the exact same thing from her bag. Except hers was a smaller size. We ended up laughing as hugged it out.

"But that's not the only thing. Check the bottom of the bag." I said. She reached into the bag and pulled out a small black box.

"What is this?" She said, as her eyes widen.

"Open it." I said. She slowly opened the box to reveal small diamond earrings.

"JC, you shouldn't have. They must have been expensive." She said, as her eyes scanned them.

"You deserve them Maddie. Put them on. They go perfect with your outfit." I said. Carefully she took them out the box and put them on. They looked gorgeous on her. She stood and walked in front of me. Sat down on my lap so she was basically straddling me. Her face inches away from mine. Her eyes moved from my eyes down to my lips.

"May I kiss you?" I whispered.

"I trust you." She said, as the air thicken.

Her arms were around my neck and my hand caressed her cheek. Tilting her face up to meet my lips. Her lips are soft and taste like strawberries. She kissed back as her hands pulled at my hair.

"Oh shit." I heard, coming from the door. She hid her face in my neck once we pulled away from each other. Looking up I saw Andrea standing in the doorway. Good thing it was her.

"What's up?" I asked.

"Somebody is looking for you at the door. I couldn't find JJ or Kian. So yeah.." Andrea said, walking away.

"I'll talk to her." I spoke up, as Maddie untangled herself from me.

"It's okay, she won't tell." Maddie said, in a small voice.

"I have to go see who's at the door. But wait for me." I said, getting up. I turned to face her and pecked her lips. Walking out my room into a more filled living room. Andrea stood at the entrance.

"Nobody's actually at the door. Lia's somewhere around the house." She said.

"Cool, Lia and I are cool. Nothing to hide from her but please don't tell anybody what you just saw." I said.

"I know Jc. Plus, it's not my business to tell. Just don't hurt her." She said, as she patted my shoulder. I turned around to see Maddie hanging out with Dom and Lia. I watched as she communicated with Lia. Lia followed behind Maddie as they disappeared into the hallway.