20

Song of the Chapter: Because of You by Kelly Clarkson

My lean my chin on my palm as the voices tune out and slowly become muffled and incoherent. I notice my vision is set on a certain corner of the room and my eyes start blinking at a slower rate. My mind takes control as slices of disorganized memories flash through my head, it's almost like a short film is playing but the plot is not making sense. I felt almost determined to understand why I couldn't piece them together. These memories don't feel like they are real, they feel like a dream and a nightmare all in one. It's a nagging feeling that there is more than what is being shown to me, my skin feels dirty and I start to feel my emotions start to take over. I try to calm myself down by taking in deep breaths and I squeeze my eyes shut. When I open them the voices return to normal and my vision is back, focusing on my surroundings. By now I notice Harry has his attention on me and Sophia is talking to Liam and Louis about Niall.

"Are you okay?" the words fell from Harry's lips and my mouth slightly parts open.

"My mind slipped for a second. I don't know what I am remembering, it's all jumbled up." I lightly laugh out of pure awkwardness as everyone is watching me.

"Jumbled?" Sophia moves to sit by me on the couch.

"Yeah, it just seems like I am not remembering it right." I know that if I try to dive into this mess that something I don't want to remember but I don't want to close myself off anymore.

"Do you want to talk about it?" Liam was serious, I know all he wants is to be there for me.  

I take a deep breath as to calm myself before starting from the beginning...

"I remember being in a car, blood was all over me. I don't think its mine because I was happy, I look to see Jace smiling at me." Harry looks so confused and I know the way I worded it wasn't right, it sounds like I was insane. "He was dressed in black and red, not his normal look, he has these fangs with a stream of blood falling down the side of his mouth." It's disoriented but what I am feeling from this memory isn't anything negative.

"It was that Halloween party you went to," Liam speaks up, and then it hits me like a brick.

"Yes! I was dressed as his victim and he was a vampire. That's why the blood was there, it was fake." my hands cup my face as I smile, I felt relieved that it wasn't real blood.

"I remember you calling me that night, you were worried and scared. You got into a fight with him and couldn't find him." Louis's voice was soft, it was so unlike him. I think back trying to recall why I called him, why why why? I start to chew the inside of my cheek and I felt my nails dig into my palms as anxiety starts to build inside of me. I felt a lump in my throat as I picture what happened that night. Sophis grabs my hands to stop inflicting myself with pain, I look at her and she encourages me to go on with a smile.

"It's okay, just try to think," her smile was so bright and friendly.

I could only hear Louis's voice through the phone and the cold sensation spreading through my skin. The emotions that I felt wash over me and I was angry. The kind of mad that makes you so frustrated that brings tears to the eyes. 

"We were on the dance floor, dancing and drinking.  We were having fun being in the moment, then something happens making him pull me into this bedroom. I could feel his anger leak into the air, I can't hear the words we are saying but we were yelling at each other. All I wanted to do was leave but he was blocking the door. Trapping me in this fight, I tried to walk into the bathroom but he wouldn't let me walk away."  My hands are squeezing Sophia's tightly, Harry has been silently staring at me the entire time.