Chapter 15 - Final Battle

Then a week went by and it was the finals. It was still being held at the stadium that was downtown. I arrived at the stadium with Johnny. I felt this was not a good idea. Why would I want to come back to a place where lies and where I lost took place? My stomach churned. But since Johnny and I are on good terms now, I'm going to be there for him. We arrived at the locker room. After that Johnny got dressed into Fast Daddy and walked out the locker room. There we walked right into Bulldog Psycho.

     "Don't you boys think you are off the hook. When I immediately win this match and tournament, I have my boys waiting outside. Crooked cops that will take you in for vandalizing my home."

     "Oh don't you worry about that, Mr. Yoshira. I am not going to lose to the likes of you. Not when this match has a special theme to it."

     Both Johnny and I walked away from him. We walked to the lounge. Of course only fighters were allowed up there. But hey I am a fighter as well. We sat ourselves down. I saw some snacks were being served and helped myself to them. I was a bit hungry. Italia walked in and Bulldog Psycho was following behind him. She walked to the middle of the lounge.

     "Whew. That was an intense fight last week. Wasn't it? It had me on the edge of the seat." She said with a smile, but lost the smile quickly due to the silence there was in the room.

     "Okay so all of you, or most of you," she said as she looked at me. "got a flyer. Now yes on that flyer it is true. I am making this tournament into a tag team tournament. The finalist may choose one fighter that they wish. And they must be someone that participated in this tournament. It can be anyone at all."

     Johnny and I looked at each other.

     "I got my partner, Ms. Italia." Johnny said.

     "Oh good. And you? Do you have someone in mind?" She said to Bulldog Psycho.

He walked off and out of the lounge.

     "I'm guessing he has someone in mind." Said Johnny.

     "I'm so glad that you are able to come back into this tournament again, Leroy. Let's have a good fight, shall we. In a few minutes, one of my workers is going to come up here and ask for you two. Leroy, you better get dressed."

     Italia walks off, and I look at Johnny.

     "We can do this." I said.

     "Yes we can. I have faith in us. This is going to be cool. I get to fight right beside you."

     "I know. This will be a good match. A good match indeed."

     It better be a good match. To be honest I haven't really asked Johnny what he wanted to do when he wins this tournament...or if he wins the tournament. I didn't want to ask him either.

     I went home real quick to get my things. Then went back to the locker room and dressed into El Guerrero. I went back into the lounge and saw Fast Daddy sitting in the chair.

     "I'm all set. Did she say a few minutes?" I questioned.

     "Yeah she said that like 40 minutes ago." Said Johnny.

     Then before we even knew it, a worker came in.

     "El Guerrero. Fast Daddy. Come with me please." He said.

     We both walked with him out of the lounge. We stopped at the exit that leads out to the arena. We then saw Italia walk up to the ring.

     "Hello there, everyone!" She said. The crowd is going wild.