eight

"I got the part!" Kevin yelled, running through the hall. "James I got the part! I'm gonna play Puck! IM GONNA PLAY PUCK!" Kevin pronounced to the world with great enthusiasm. Conner came out into the hall and smiled Wide. "You got it?" He asked, just wanting to hear Kevin exclaim his pride once more. "I'm gonna play Puck!!" Kevin yelled again, running to Conner and hugging him tight, picking him up and spinning him around.

"I'm so happy for you!" Conner laughed a bit as Kevin Sat him down. Kevin ran to he and Conner's room and sat down at the desk, pulling the typewriter in front of him, smiling wide. "So what Now?" Conner asked.

"They need a letter of permission from My Dad and Nolan." Kevin grinned. "You're not gonna write it, are you?" Conner asked.

"Oh yeah I am." Kevin smiled. "Dear Mr. Nolan," he typed as well as said out loud. "I'm writing on behalf of my Son, Kevin Price." He stopped typing a cheered a bit. He was so excited. "I'm actually doing this Oh my gosh okay."

The Next day, In class, Keating had them go outside and play soccer for class. It was actually fun for all of them, even though Conner was particularly a sports guy. Kevin had noticed that Conner had been pretty quiet that day. And when he saw him sitting alone on the bridge that connected one half of the school to the other latter that night, he decided to see what was up. "Hey!" He smiled walking to Conner.

"Hey." Conner quietly said, sitting next to a newly bought desk set sitting on the ground. "What's going on?" Kevin asked, offering a smile.

"Nothing. Today's my birthday."

"Is it your birthday? Happy Birthday, Conner!"

"Thanks..."

"What'd you get?"

Conner gestured to the desk set on the ground beside him. "My parents got me this." He softly said. Kevin tilted his head a little in confusion. "Isn't that the same desk set-"

"Yeah. Yeah, they gave me the same thing as last year." Conner nodded a bit, running his fingers through his red hair. "Oh... Maybe they thought you needed another one." Kevin smiled that wonderful smile of his. That smile was contagious, Conner swore it was.

The redhead laughed a bit. "Maybe they weren't thinking about anything at all..." He quietly said, biting his lip. "The funny thing about this is... I-I didn't even like it the first time."

Kevin nodded a bit and walked over to Conner, Picking up the desk set and observing. "Conner. I think you're underestimating the value of this desk set." He said, observing its lay out and shape, nodding softly. "I mean, who would want a football... Or a baseball or..."

"Or a car." Conner threw in and Kevin nodded. "Or a car, if they could have a desk set as wonderful as this one? I mean, if- if I were ever going to buy a desk set, twice, I would probably buy this one. Both times! In fact, its shape is... " He gently tossed the desk set into the air and caught it. "It's rather aerodynamic, isn't it?" He smirked, looking at Conner. "You Can feel it. This desk set wants to fly!"

Carefully, He handed the desk set to Conner. "Conner? The world's first unmanned flying desk set." When Kevin spoke these words, Conner grinned and tossed the stupid desk set of the bridge. Papers flew everywhere and loud crashing sounds echoed through the night air as the wooden and metal objects hit the ground. The boys laughed. "Oh my!" Kevin said as he stared at the mess they'd made. "Well, I wouldn't worry." He said. "You'll get another one next year."