Time to unpack

Our hands were interlocked as we walked down our street, approaching my house. We walked up my driveway to see my mom tending the garden.
"Hey mom!" I say calling out to her, trying to get her attention.
"Hey, honey! Hows it going? Oh, i see you have meet the new neighbours son. You seem to be...very close..." She said staring at our interlocked hands.
"Yes mom w-" i started to explain when Jeffrey cut me off.
"Im Jeffrey, and i hope its alright that i have asked your daughter to be my girlfriend." He said blushing but still sounding confident.
"Hello Jeffrey! Im Stephanie, but call me Mrs.A...and i think it's quite alright that you two are dating." She said just staring at jeffrey as if she didnt like him. She turned around and continued to work on the garden. I turned to Jeffrey and spoke.
"What do you want to do?" I had a couple of ideas in my head but i thought that asking him would be better.
"If you want we can go to my house and we can do something there." He said gesturing towards his house.
"Sure!" We walked towards his house and up the driveway. When we reached the door,  but the door opened and walked out, Mr. Miller.
"Oh, Jeffrey you're home. I need you to finish unpacking." Mr. Miller said not noticing me.
"Dad, there is someone i want you to meet." Jeffrey said as he grabbed my hand. Mr. Miller stared at me, but not in a mean or rude way, kind of like an approving way.
"Dad, this is Maddie my girlfriend. Maddie this is my dad."
"Hello sir." I spoke trying to be polite.
"Hello Maddie, its very nice to meet you." He spoke, shaking my hand.
"And you."
"Dad we are going to go inside and she can help me unpack." He said, grabbing my hand and pulling me to his room.