A long camp

Chapter 1

“Now, remember your sunscreen must be reapplied every three hours but you can’t go in the sun until it is soaked in which takes twenty minutes.”

“Of course Dad! Whatever… Okay the bus is leaving, I have got to go!” Kelsey said glancing over at her best friend who was now laughing wholeheartedly at her overprotective father’s antics.

Her father Wallace sighed. “Well, give me a kiss before you go. It will be a long time before I see you.”

It’s three days, thought Kelsey but she kissed her father anyway. “Bye Daddy!” she said before quickly turning and running towards her best friend who was beckoning her onto the bus.

“This camp is going to be so tiring!” India exclaimed as the two of them took their seats that were situated in the middle of the bus.

Kelsey replied, “That is if we don’t get abducted by aliens or eaten by a goanna!” Kelsey was referring to the movie based upon a story which took place at their camping destination. ‘Picnic at Hanging Rock’ is an Australian story of three girls who went missing on a school excursion to Hanging Rock. Rather unfortunately, this was where the two girls where headed on a camp, alongside their fellow classmates, and rumours about the notorious story had been flying about for weeks.

“Eeeep!”

Kelsey looked to India and followed her gaze. She was staring at none other than Ryan Phelleps, her ultimate crush. His blond hair was shining in the morning sun as he stepped into the minibus. His best friend, Jesse followed him in glancing around the bus with his piercing blue eyes. His eyes stop on the only empty seat, right at the front of the bus opposite Mr. Peeza, the science teacher.

Kelsey smirks with a satisfied expression on her face.

As the boys take their unpleasant seats, India turns to her friend with a pained look on her face. “Uh, Kels? I get bus sick.”

“I have known you for how long and you’ve never mentioned this to me! What is this!??!” Kelsey exclaims. Kelsey gives her friend a look that says I can’t believe your making me do this and strides towards the front of the bus.

“Jesse, I am willing to offer you my seat in the middle of the bus. This is a gracious act and don’t expect it again. Now move!” The boys had stared at her dumbstruck until the last sentence when they jumped up to take the seat that India was still sitting in.

The entire time India had been staring at the scene unfolding unaware of Kelsey’s intentions. Ryan strides up to India and asks, “Are we switching seats?” India suddenly understood Kelsey’s actions and allowed both boys to slide into the now unoccupied seat.

“You’re Welcome!” Kelsey yells sarcastically from the front of the bus. Ryan seems to remember his manners at Kelsey’s subtle reminder and thanks India, his warm brown eyes gazing into hers.

Kelsey did not even need to look at India to know she was blushing under her curtain of brunette coloured hair.

********************

Authors Note!

Ok so, right now we aren't actually talking to anyone because nobody is reading it yet but maybe? Thank you for reading our little story. yes, this chapters short, but hopefully they will get longer.. hopefully.. thats not a promise.. haha

if you liked it please vote or maybe comment if you're feeling generous?

love, Lana and Ani xxx