Chapter Four

Drawn To The Enemy: Chapter Four

I didn't move from the bed for half an hour; awaiting for the male to come back, until the major question hit me: Why was I waiting?

I could have escaped so long ago, yet I didn't. Why?

Sitting up on the bed, I pushed a hand through my blonde hair with a heavy sigh. I should not have done this from the beginning . . . But one death is bad enough, imagine your entire family. That was enough pain to kill someone, but the only thing I felt I needed to do was keep on living . . .

I murdered, two of the Alpha's patrollers, without knowing it . . . I took away two lives, without even bothering to stop and think about how their families felt.

How evil was that . . . ?

A thick tear slid down my cheek. In that second, the door sprung open, making me jolt my attention to who was in the entryway.

"Alpha . . ." Liana says.

Heart beating, my body eases back down as I see that it was indeed him.

"Why are you crying?" He asks, his eyebrows furrow as he approaches me. Every step he takes closer makes me inch back uncomfortably. After all, the last two times he got too close, I found myself becoming the underdog . . . Or in my case, Cat.

Wasn't looking forward to a third.

"Get away from me." I growl.

His face, once puzzled, hardens, and his posture straightens. "I see the attitude hasn't left you yet."

"Why would it?"

"You killed two of my patrollers. I don't think you should be the one on the offense."

"You killed my family!" I blurt.

. . .
. .
.

"What?" He asks, his bold eyebrows once more caving in with confusion.

Breaths shaky and face now damp with non-stop tears, I get up. "Don't act like you don't know . . ."

"Maybe because I don't know." His tone shows that he is truly lost.

I slide past his body, only for his large hand to grip at my upper arm. "Where are you going?"

I stare down at the tight hold. "Let. Me. Go." Snatching my arm away, I peer up at him before turning around. This time, he makes no move to stop me.

I glance both ways. This wasn't my territory. I had no idea where I was at, nor where I planned on going.

Without sparing him a look, I am running off to the left; down the hall. My fingers move to the buttons of my shirt, and I hurriedly unsnap them one by one.

Halfway down the shirt, I hit a dead end in my sprint. Looking back, I am unable to see the Alpha, but my eyes do however land on a white door. I silently pray that it is unlocked, for I do not have much time before Anger tries to possess me.

I twist the knob slowly. It opens with ease, giving me access to the unknown room. When I close the door behind me, darkness shrouds my body.

Hunching over to the ground, I whimper, slipping out of the shirt. The only thing that could stop my tears from throwing me into another depressed rampage was giving Liana control. She did a better job than me.

"Don't worry, My Human . . . I have you now," She links to me. Our four-legged frame slowly paces over to a wall, and she lays us down quietly. My head rests upon my paws and I close my eyes, feeling a sense of contentment wash over my broken state.