Changes and Rule Number Thirty-Seven

Brock Rumlow was a man of many talents. He could torture, decapitate, speak two languages and kill on demand. He was on top of the H.Y.D.R.A. food chain. Until H.Y.D.R.A. decided to graduate a rather gifted scientist to a solider. Particularly, Rumlow's trainee, Aster Parks.

~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

"You have to try harder!" Rumlow bellowed at the gasping, delicate, bruised girl sprawled on the floor. She wiped the sweat off her face with trembling hands, trying to catch her breath.

"We've been sparring for hours. If we could just take a bre-" Before Aster could finish her sentence, Rumlow pulled her up by the back of her jumpsuit and threw her against the wall. She was unconscious in seconds, blood dripping from her forehead.

~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

She woke up in a H.Y.D.R.A. medical room a couple of hours later. She groaned, touched the forehead and noticed a shadow in the corner of the room.

"You have to stop doing that." She heaved herself up from the bed but was instantly lightheaded and fell. Straight into the burly but well-toned arms of none other than Rumlow. She held her breath in fear, inches away from his impossible-to-read face. For what seemed like hours she lay encircled in his arms, a slight shiver of mixed emotions running through her. And then he dropped her, crouching beside her with a menacing glare and gripping her chin.

"If you ever ask for a break again, I will personally make sure your life is a living hell." He yanked her up. "Get to the training room." Aster was still in shock. "Now!" She bolted toward the training rooms.

Hours later she lay beaten again, fighting for breath and clutching her side. Rumlow leaned over her, barely breaking a sweat. "Sloppy form. You need to work on your left hand." He lifted up her arm, which she left to limp. "Get up." She groaned and he glared at her warningly. She suddenly got an idea and flipped him over, quickly scampering on top of him, straddling his waist and bursting with pride.

"I did it!" She exclaimed happily before being body slammed against the wall, the smile wiped from her face and a moan replacing it. She had no time to be in pain, however, as Rumlow was incredible close to Aster. Her heart skipped a beat as he placed a hand on the side of her neck, making her breath hitch. Rumlow smiled, leaning into her ear.

"Rule number thirty-seven; don't let your opponent get to you." He murmured before smacking her head against the wall and knocking her out.

~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

For months, Aster endured harsh training from Rumlow, all ending in waking up in a hospital bed as long as days later.

Soon her fair skin was covered in scars, every part her body riddled with muscle. Her facial expressions grew closed, her movements with less grace and more solider-like. Her feelings dwindled and after a month, she had almost mastered Rule thirty-seven.

Hi guys! This is the first chapter of my new S.H.I.E.L.D/H.Y.D.R.A. AU. I hope you like it. I will be posting every Sunday until the story ends. It is a short story, but there will be a sequel that I am working on as we speak.

If you would like to check out some other stories of mine, I would recommend Seeing Green because that is the only one I've been working on as of late.

I'm sorry for abandoning you all for so long! I promise that I will become more active in my story writing starting now.

Enjoy and thanks for reading!

Bellatrixlestrange73