0.1

lowercase intended

kindergarten

mama said today was the first day of school, and im really scared. she said that she won't be there at school, and that I'm a "big girl now" and "do not eat glue". whatever. what am i gonna do without mama, though? who's gonna read me stories before nap time? who will make peanut butter-banana sandwiches? who'll protect me from bad kids and pedodiles? dad taught me what those are, but i still don't really know. i just think they are a type of crocodile.

mama picked out my clothes and then helped me put them on. she said its a "pretty blue dress for a pretty bright girl". whatever. i ate lucky charms for breakfast (so im lucky and don't eat glue) and then we left for school.

when i got there, there a lot of kids like me. there were girls, and boys. my dad warned me about boys. he said "you better stay a virginia till you're 57" and then mama slapped his arm. i still don't know what that means. i don't know why he told me that though, ive seen boys before, in daycare. anyway, mama gave me a big big hug before she let me go to class. i got my own cubby and everything. i put my stuff into the cubby, then i met my teacher, mrs.hemmings. she is really nice, and i like her. this year will be fun.

after talking to mrs.hemmings, i went to the playground to make friends like my parents said too. thats when i saw the boy who i moved in next to. we moved next to them because our old house was ugly or broken, i don't remember what my parents told me. anyway, the boy was here. i think his name is column or something. mama said he's 5 just like me. he seems really nice and i don't think i'll get cooties because only stupid people have cooties. he is hanging out with a couple more boys who look nice. i walked over to where they are. 

"hi column, i moved in next door to you and i don't have anyone else to play with, so can i play with you guys?" i smiled

"hi, are you thea? my mum told me about you. and my name is calum, not column." he giggled, then looked at the other three boys, "you can play with us if you want, right guys?"

"yeah, im ashton irwin" said one of the blonde ones. he had pretty greenish-brown eyes. he came over to me and shook my hand, and smiled at me. i smiled back.

"sure" said the other blonde. this one had blue eyes. "my name is luke. i saw you taking to my mum. she's our teacher. you seem nice."

"thanks" i giggled

"mikey what are you doing?" calum asked the last boy. he had a lot of colored chalk all over his face and hair.

"nothin" he said. calum shook his head at him.

"you can play with us, and im michael clifford"

"thanks" i said, sitting with them. "im thea parker" 

a/n im sorry this is so bad. and as for the lack of vocabulary used here, remember that this is from the point of view of a small child. it won't last much longer, don't worry, we'll come to the real story soon. i hope you enjoyed this *edited* chapter! thank you so much and be sure to check out my profile if you like this story! many more books coming soon! ily guys!